- Hardcover: 240 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 2008 edition (19 Mar. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0387767223
- ISBN-13: 978-0387767222
- Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 1.4 x 23.4 cm
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,661,912 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
Genomics of Disease (Stadler Genetics Symposia Series) Hardcover – 19 Mar 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Genomics of Disease
Jerry Taylor, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
Gary Stacey, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
J. Perry Gustafson, USDA-ARS, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri
Genomics of Disease is the 24th volume in the Stadler Genetics Symposium series published by Springer, which has, over many years, served as a comprehensive collection of current trends and hot topics in the field of genetics. The current volume summarizes recent progress in our attempts to characterize the genomics of plant and animal diseases. Authoritative analytical reviews are specialized to be attractive to professional researchers, teachers, and students, while also being appealing to a wider audience of scientists in related disciplines.
Genomics of Disease offers essential reference material for any scientist or teacher working in the fields of plant and animal diseases. Coverage of key areas of both animal and plant disease is a unique feature of this volume and one that allows direct comparisons between the systems. All academics, scientists, and industry professionals that desire to take advantage of the most up-to-date information on the continuously emerging and expanding field of the genomics of plant and animal diseases will find it an invaluable resource.
* Comprehensive coverage of current topics dealing with the genomics of plant and animal diseases
* Chapters authored by the key scientists in the field
* Accessible utility in a single volume reference
About the Editors:
Jerry Taylor is a Professor of Animal Sciences and of Genetics and holds the Wurdack Chair in Animal Genomics in the Division of Animal Sciences at the University of Missouri-Columbia. He has received in excess of $11 million in competitive research funding as PI or co-PI, has mentored 9 postdoctoral fellows and has chaired or co-chaired 34 M.S. and Ph.D. graduate programs. Along with his co-investigators and graduate students he has authored 129 peer-reviewed research articles, 4 book chapters and 5 patents. He has served on the Scientific Advisory Board for Sigma-Aldrich Biotechnology in St Louis, MO and was cofounder, board member and a senior executive of GenomicFX an agricultural biotechnology company. He has been the recipient of the Texas A&M University Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Teaching and Team Research. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Gary Stacey is an Endowed Professor of Plant Sciences and Associate Director of the National Center for Soybean Biotechnology at the University of Missouri-Columbia. He also holds joint appointments in the Division of Biochemistry and Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology. He has authored or co-authored 135 peer-reviewed research articles, 72 book chapters, 14 books, including this volume, and 9 patents. He is past senior editor of the journals Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions and Plant Physiology. He serves on various advisory boards and currently serves on the editorial boards of the journals Bioenergy Research, BMC Plant Genomics and Systems Biology, and Journal of Integrative Plant Biology. In 2005, he was elected by the soybean community to a three-year term on the National Soybean Genetics Executive Committee.
Perry Gustafson is a Research Geneticist with the USDA-ARS, and an Adjunct Professor at the University of Missouri, Columbia. He is a Fellow of the American Society of Agronomy, the Crop Science Society of America, and the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He has received numerous honors and awards, and is an associate editor on several international journals.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Botany & Plant Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Plant Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Basic Medical Science > Medical Genetics