on 23 April 2016
This was my second purchase of the same item. I was really satisfied with my first purchase and got the second one as a gift to my cousin. But much to my surprise, the second item delivered was faulty and defective. It has a number of problems:

1) The speaker didn't extend fully
2) The hook part at the bottom was not walking properly and I couldn't quite minimize it because the hook was not clicking.
3) The top part with the X-mini logo fell off as well.

Those three were the most obvious defects and something about it was just not quite right. The details and the quality of the product was just very different from my first purchase and it didn't even come with the pocket case that came with the first purchase. All of which made me doubt that the sellers sent me a 'fake' product for my second purchase. Thoroughly disappointed :(
review imagereview imagereview image
on 6 June 2017
What a sound for such a small speaker. It doesn't generate the lows that you would associate with your every day HI-FI system however it provides ample volume and clarity without the distortion you would usually associate with such small speakers.

I purchased another after hearing the first one and when paired together they give a brilliant stereo performance for your everyday PC desk requirements.

Battery is also very impressive!
on 31 August 2017
Honest review. Change of quality materials for cheap materials means that the sound delivery from the capsule is poor mediocre. I was very disappointed. I bought one of these capsules 4 years ago, and the quality of the materials and the sound was amazing, that is why this time I decided to buy 2 capsules. To be honest I was in chock when I plug the capsules, they were not half of the quality they were before.

I believe one of the points in which the company can improve if they really want that, is, one to improve the quality of the materials of the capsule as before, second, when you check the reviews I find that information misleading the current reality of the product. Many of the reviews, most of them, are from customer like me when we bought the product 4 or 5 year ago, fantastic reviews. The company should put only the most recent reviews, 1 year, max 2 years to have the real flavour of the product.

Before I recommended the product with not questions asked, but now definitively I will not recommend this product, the quality of the sound is bad.
on 20 September 2016
Very disappointed with the quality of this item. I have purchased this same make and model before (in late 2013) so I have one to compare this 2016 version to. In nutshell, the build quality on the new model is very poor in comparison to the 2013 one. Everything about it feels cheap whereas before it felt robust and well made. There is a clear weight difference between the two - the 2013 one is distinctly heavier than the 2016 model and this (in my opinion) has had a significantly detrimental impact on the sound quality. The bass response on the 2013 one is meaty; you can really hear the low tones distinctly. With the new one, the bass is weedy and thin. The highs on the 2013 model are sparkly; the highs on the 2016 model sound brittle and slightly crackly. The switch on the 2013 model clicks into position nicely - the switch on the 2016 model feels like it might break off at any minute.

I could go on but suffice the say, I shall be returning this product as the build quality is greatly inferior to the previous model. I cannot recommend this item.
on 16 August 2017
I already have 3 of these speakers and they all work perfectly. I needed a fourth for my overnight bag. The Three speakers all produce good and clear sound with a decent volume control. They hold a charge for several hours. They are easy to store by compressing into a ball and come with their own carry-bag. However, this speaker was different. It had no white print to identify the controls. The sound was woolly and poor. It doesn't hold a decent charge and the first time it rolled off the table it stopped working completely. The carry-bag was made of plastic, not velour. The closing mechanism was unreliable. Also, there were spelling mistakes on the battered packaging. I suspect it was not the genuine article. I will be more diligent when buying the 4th speaker that I still need.
on 15 November 2017
Perfect for watching tv or movies on my Asus 3S 10 tablet as the sound quality you get from this little speaker is miles better than any tablet or phone speaker that I've heard. You can also increase the bass by expanding the height of the speaker which is a useful feature that other speakers dont have. The sound quality is surprisingly good for something so small. It actually rivals the sound quality from some much larger yamaha computer speakers that i use with my tv.

The reason it doesn't get a full five stars is because within a short time of buying it, one side of the speaker pops up because the plastic catch that holds it down broke. I now use an elastic band to keep it down. Also, after a few years of regular use, the short cable on it has worn away so much that the connection is gone and it no longer works.
on 29 June 2017
This thing is amazing! It's got a beautiful design, it's compact and small and yet it has incredible sound quality. The bass is accentuated immensely, the sound is crystal clear, and the price of this thing is fantastic. You won't find a better deal. I haven't got another speaker to link with the one I have (yet), but I love the concept of being able to amplify with multiple speakers. The only thing I'd say is that the speaker has a red light for charging (the single LED is on the under-side of the capsule) but when the battery is getting low, the blue light just becomes dimmer. Surely it would be clearer to see when it is "dying" if the red light lit up instead? Will also mention that there's a tag to attach a lanyard; this speaker seems very robust, but the lanyard tag looks like it will snap off. But that doesn't affect it's performance at all.
on 12 July 2017
Has done a grand job so far, and all the literature is correct - the sound is much bigger than I expected from such a small speaker. It's much smaller than the previous generation X-mini I had and the addition of bluetooth connection is great. Only 4 stars because I'd like it to have its own volume control - now that the speaker can be put further away from the connected devices, it's a pain to have to go back to my laptop/phone/desktop to adjust the volume (in the older version, it had its own volume dial).
on 6 August 2017
I have had the earlier wired version of this speaker. This Bluetooth version is even better, providing all the functionality of the wired speaker, as well as theBluetooth option. Of course it's not going to provide the same quality of sound as a much bigger speaker, but it's excellent for its size, and portability is hard to beat. Note that 'the box' also contains a small silk-like carry bag, in addition to the other items shown on Amazon's description. Having said that, a neoprene case can provide more protection, especially as the idea of a portable speaker is to carry it around and mine travels a lot in briefcases and suitcases.
on 9 March 2017
this was good at first until the charge lasted less and less . the built in battery now has no stamina after only a month . lasts about a hour