- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Collins (1 Oct. 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0061128988
- ISBN-13: 978-0061128981
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 2.7 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,042,072 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Generation Ageless: How Baby Boomers Are Changing the Way We Live Today and They're Just Getting Started Hardcover – 1 Oct 2007
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Baby Boomers may be the most famous generation ever to exist. The cohort of Americans born between 1946 and 1964 changed everything about marketing. Attempts to understand them in the 1960s provoked terms like the Generation Gap and gave birth to marketing as we know it. This ground-breaking Yankelovich study will transform and expand our understanding of the Boomer generation as they reach their majority. With the first Boomers reaching 60 this year, they have become the dominant generation. Boomers are now CEOs and grandparents, hall of famers and church leaders. They hold positions of power and have created some of the most important institutions in our society. Boomers are all of one generation but they don't speak in the same voice. The shared experiences of the boomers created a common set of new values: an emphasis on self, an acceptance of less structured lifestyles and a desire for more enriching personal experiences. But those values can be expressed in very different ways.Simply contrasting Bill Clinton with George W. Bush shows how two Boomers can interpret the greater focus on self-fulfillment in very different ways."Generation Ageless" will reveal the cohort's interest not in remaining youthful but achieving and everlasting mid-life. It will show what boomers believe and how those beliefs have changed over time. The book will emphasise three main ideas that motivate them: Youthfulness, Impact and Empowerment. And use the primary dynamics of Spirituality, Self and Society to identify the six main segments of the Boomer generation: Straight Arrows, Due Diligents, Maximizers, Sideliners, Diss/Contenteds and Re-Activists.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics > Economic Conditions
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Brands & Corporate Identity
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Methodology & Research > Statistics & Research
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology > Family & Social Groups