From General Practice to Primary Care: The Industrialization of Family Medicine Paperback – 23 Apr 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
An excellent interpretation of where we have come from, where we might end up...and what we can do to achieve a degree of self determination in the face of recent reforms. (Primary Care Research Network, Greater London, Issue 8)
Interesting, topical, and clear. The arguments are presented logically and in balanced way. An important - original - book. (Medical Book Awards)
Dr Iliffe convincingly describes the process of industrialisation of family medicine through a highly researched book littered with interesting quotes and references. I recommend this book to both new and experienced members of primary care who wish to understand more about this process of industrialisation and how we can best optimise the changes that it brings. (Primary Health Care Research and Development)
Professor Illife has presented a view of what is happening to general practice that is both immensely simple and profoundly complex. The changes that have afflicted general practice in the UK in the last 20 years are all part of a single process: industrialisation...he pursues his case in compelling historical and theoretical detail...this makes the book a challenging read...a thorough, impressive, and persuasive book. (London Journal of Primary Care)
Highly commended in the Primary Health Care Category of the BMA Book Awards 2009See all Product Description
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics