Customer reviews

on 31 July 2017
Amazing, should have bought all three parts right from the beginning instead of one volume Gilroy atlas for my anatomy class. Very detailed with beautiful pictures. I loved the tables for the muscles and accompanying text, which in my opinion make it better than for example Netter's. Although I still like the Sobotta atlas the most.
on 11 November 2008
Just received this book today via 3rd party seller on Amazon. Was taken in by the reviews but was actually blown away when I opened it. I cannot express just how good the illustrations are. For instance, when reading the shoulder, the individual muscle groups are shown in different images gradually building the picture up and with many different views to aid in 3-D visualization The text is also brilliant, concise, informative and most importantly, pertinent clinical references.
I am currently studying for my FRCSOrth exams and needed a good anatomy book because all mine (all 5 of them!) were lacking in some way. This will disappoint anyone who is practicing musculoskeletal medicine.
It is not a comprehensive anatomy textbook (omits thorax, abdominal contents etc) and does not profess to be. If you are in the market for this type of anatomy textbook then I challenge you to find a better one. I showed my wife the textbook today (she is a physio) and even she took it and read it for about an hour!
My exam is next week. If only I had discovered this textbook sooner!
on 6 August 2012
Having never seen the physical book I can't comment although I imagine it is very clear in terms of the images. Unfortunately this can not be said for the kindle version. Very grainy images with blurred labelling make this title an extreme disappointment. The content is probably fine but due to the quality I have looked elsewhere. Note: I am using the new 3rd gen retina iPad which may expose the images unfairly.
on 18 May 2008
I totally agree with the previous reviews. This book really fills the gap between medical books - too much specialized for the majority of the people - and general anatomy books with short descriptions. And, above all, the pictures are the best I know in their field. I highly recommend this book to students and practitioners of bodywork, psychophysical integration and movement education.
on 28 July 2010
A superb book, well worth the money, and a good price too! Delivered promptly and well packaged, what can I say - well done Amazon!
on 22 October 2007
I agree completely with the above review. This is by far my best atlas of anatomy. The Thieme series are so meticulous in the detail and layout. This atlas and the neck/internal organs sit on my desk at all times for reference to all therapeutic applications. The drawings, MRI scans and information within is second to none.
on 1 October 2016
I am studying a Masters in Osteopathy and for me a picture speaks a thousand words. These pictures are incredible. So clear and have great detail so it is easy to tell what sits anteriorly for example, what is removed from the picture and the size in relation. Fantastic book. Highly recommend.
on 8 September 2016
If you can repair a car, work with electricity and build a nuclear generator then this is your next step. On the other hand if you are an illustrator hear is the manual to be on your desk. How Things Work.
on 21 July 2010
Just back from Yin Yoga Training with Paul and Suzie Grilley , they insist all teachers of Yin read and reference this book. Its the best Anatomy book I've seen and well worth the price.
on 12 January 2017
In this anatomy atlas I found very clear images and text. It is a very useful book for students and surgeons.