on 11 June 2009
I really should have known better, as I do believe you get what you pay for. But I hoped this would do the job. It doesn't. Water stays inside as long as no pressure is put on the bladder. As soon as it sits in a bag, even its own weight is enough to push water out through the 'leak-proof' cap and through the connecting piece of the tube. I left in my empty pack hanging over a chair for a few hours, and when I checked, the inside was soaked. Apply actual pressure and it streams out.

Avoid.
on 18 May 2010
Similar experience to one of the other reviewers. Having read their review, I made sure to fit the tube VERY tightly and to securely close the cap. Left it in my bag over night and in the morning the bag was soaked. It seems to leak from the cap. The tube connection is doing its job. It makes it just about usable as, when in a rucksack, the cap goes at the top so is not under any pressure. I just have to remember to take it out if the rucksack will be sitting on its side for any length of time. Still, I shouldn't be having to worry about such things.
on 5 June 2010
I've used mine about 6 times. The top of the cap actually came off (i.e. the thread was still attached but top popped off) causing a massive leak into my bag. Disappointing.
on 2 October 2012
I bought this bag the day before a 10 day trek and tested it at home in the evening only to find that the side seam wasn't completely sealed. After waiting for the shop to open and provide a replacement, I headed to the airport. About 5 days into the walk it started leaking badly from the hose connection soaking my pack (sympathies to all others with the same problem). Left it in a bin rather than carry it with me so couldn't even get a refund on my return home. Pay more and buy better!
on 8 June 2012
Pros:

Wide enough filling hole, making cleaning and drying easier
Good mouthpiece for enough flow
Shut off value easy to use
Fully dismantle for cleaning. All unscrews, etc.

Cons:

Slightly plastically taste when new
Leaky. Not much, but a few tiny drips now and then. Not an issue.

This bladder is not a top end item, but for the price its worth it, recommended.
on 16 September 2012
Having used the Gelert water bladder previously on long runs with no problems, I was disappointed that the "eye hole" ripped when only carrying 1.5 litres. This meant the bladder was sitting in the bottom of my rucksack (a Gelert rucksack) for over 20 miles of my 40 mile ultra. Therefore this made my run very uncomfortable. I would have thought a stress test would have been carried out at some point before production.
on 16 May 2010
Have found this unusable because of the overpowering vile and persistent taste of vinyl. Have tried putting it through the dishwasher numerous times, soaking in Steradent, without any improvement.
on 21 September 2012
I bought this product to take with me on my walking trip, it leaked the first day soaking everything in my day rucksack. I hoped it had been a once off so tried using it again but the same happened. Not worth the money!
on 6 August 2012
...well, it saves buying 2 litre bottles of water and having to stop, get it out of your bag, drink, put it back in your bag, continue. Got this for mountain biking and always suffered leak issues with it. Thought the first time I had not tightened the fill cap tight enough but the last time before it went in the bin I didn't have it quite full and after I had tightened the cap it leaned over and folded in half. That's when water started peeing from the top corner and you could clearly see it had never been sealed well all around the edges. I'm gonna go back to camelbak and hopefully that will last 5 years like the last one and not 5 trips!
on 24 July 2012
I purchased this bladder to place in my rucksack for long hikes and cycles, as well as a climb of Ben Nevis.
I just fill it and place it in my normal rucksack and through in other items around it.

This product has worked wonders. It doesnt leak.And for those who say the bite valve broke, you arent supposed to chew on it all day anyway. My only problem is its kind off difficult to clean, But there is a special cleaning kit that can be purchased.
And i have found no plastic taste with this either.