Price:£8.50+ Free shipping

on 3 December 2010
Great value for money. I bought them for my sons first weekend away with the ACF. In my opinion there's no point spending any more for something that will do exactly the same. Well worth the money!
on 9 June 2011
I love these tins...really give you a taste of the fire in your food! thats not everybodys cup of tea though so it may be a bad thing that they dont have lids...but being aluminum they boil water relatively quickly and you can stick them onto any part of the fire (I recently used mine resting on burning logs as I had nothing else to hand!). When you do this they blacken quite quickly but I like the charred look...Very lightweight and pack into one-another and great for keeping things safe in your pack.
I would recommend these highly!
on 4 October 2012
Be advised these are Kampa brand NOT gelert as stated.The seller claims Gelert make them for Kampa however I could not find this infomation online to confirm.I feel this is a ruse to get people to pay for a brand name worth more then the one that you get!
The actual Kampa product is a cheap product, one handle on the unused tin already feeling like its coming off!Would have returned but not worth the grief ..... do your self a favour and order yellowstones version on Amazon, same one currently (oct 12) they are £1.50 inc p&p !
on 31 August 2011
Brought these for my partner for his fishing trips. Really good quality tins to cook and eat from. The handles stay quite cool to touch. They are very simple but work well.
on 18 July 2012
I bought these from Peak Outdoors through Amazon and they didn't send me Gelert branded ones. Instead they sent me "Kampa" branded ones. When I contacted them they simply said "Yes, they're the same, made in the same factory". Well, that may indeed be the case but that's not what I ordered. If I wanted "Kampa" mess tins I would have bought "Kampa" mess tins.

So, the one star is not for the quality of the Gelert mess tins (as I didn't receive them) but because of the seller sending out not-as-advertised items.

I received a refund from Amazon though which is why I buy from Amazon if I can help it - even if it's sometimes slightly more expensive - because of the peace of mind if something goes wrong. Can't fault Amazon there.
on 15 April 2014
Be very careful. I ordered these and received 2 separate 'Element' mess tins which can be bought in any Pound Land. What is advertised and what you will receive could be two wildly different things. My advice would be not to waste your money.
on 7 January 2011
standard mess tins - essential for Scout camps. Make sure you engrave your name on it - or you'll end up with someone else's old grubby ones back.
on 13 May 2012
I bought a set of these last year for Nozstock, a small local music festival and did all my cooking in them and all my eating out of them, they were perfect and easy to clean. The handles stay cool and they fit inside eachother easily for storage, nice and lightweight too!

I just bought another 2 sets for Download 2012, they're inexpensive enough to leave behind if you can't be bothered to bring them home!

5 stars.
on 16 June 2012
I purchased this item over 2 weeks ago and i have only just recieved them today. They came in an Icelands bag wrapped in paper. The metal is flimsy, the mess tins don't even fit inside each other to allow faster cooking and when i got them both tins were so mishapen they looked like a figure of 8. i don't undersdtand why everyone has given it a good review when clear it just came out bum. 2 Piece Mess Tin Set - Aluminium- these are very similar i would not suggest these mess tins either.
on 10 January 2015
nice n cheap, mess tins!
used em plenty, always reliable
great for summer hiking
great if your making your own fires
however they have no lid so food is exposed once cooked and water takes longer to boil
THE PERFECT PRODUCT IF YOU DO THE ODD HIKE OR CAMPING ADVENTURE