Gelert Adventure Bivvi Bag - Olive
- Dimensions: 235 x 85 x 55 cm
- Features: Lightweight & compact fits easily into a rucksack pocket
- Fully taped seams ensures bag is waterproof
- Packed Size: 25 x 9 cm
- Material: Breathable Nylon 5000mm
- Weight: 340g
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1) tried to use inflatable Mat inside bag so that I could have a bed roll ready to go. But the mat I use sacrifices width for height so It was a very tight fit inside and not comfortable. Also I was trying to get kit size down by using 2 season bag augmented with wool blanket. Temp dropped below zero and I had to give up at 3am due to cold. So not a fair test.
2) last night temp was 1c using cheap 500 gsm bag from Argos. This time using bag on top of mat. Much better, more room. Can curl up no probs. lasted the night in tshirt and hoodie. No rain and no condensation issues but I always try to keep my nose and mouth close to the blowhole.
Not tested in a downpour yet but I like how lightweight it is and it packs into a tiny stuff sack. Saw a YouTube video about the British army bivvy and I think this one is an inch slimmer at the shoulders.
I used this in Whitby in feb. Sub zero temp. It's smaller than my British army goretex but this is offset by the space and weight savings. It packs so small and weighs nothing. Also it's treated on one side. I wonder if the people with condensation issues are using it inside out? Maybe it's one way breathable? I used it treated side inside. In the morning I had no condensation but Ice was on my feet where it seemed sweat/moisture had escaped to the outside and frozen.
Still not tried in a downpour though.
Edit: Still using it a year later at least once a month. Started using with a military poncho liner rather than sleeping bag in the summer and was more comfortable. Back to the sleeping bag in autumn though.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fairly standard as bivvi bags go. Nice and waterproof, and packs down to a small size. The drawstring around the hood helps to ensure that it fits snug to your head.Published 8 months ago by Darren-M
This was the cheapest proper (i.e. not a plastic sack) bag I could find, and for the price is pretty good. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Nik
Good value abd excellent quality. Slept outdoors with temperatures of -2C and was kept dry and warm.Published 19 months ago by Paul Palmer