Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £1.99 UK delivery
Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360)
|Price:||£7.14 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Unparalleled gameplay. "Gears of War 2" takes the award-winning gameplay of the original and improves upon it in every way. The genre-defining cover system is further refined, making the "stop and pop" gameplay more intuitive. Dynamic cover is given new meaning as downed opponents can be picked up and used as shields. The intimate violence of the battlefield is heightened when combatants engage in chainsaw duels. Destructible environments and vicious new finishing moves add to the over-the-top experience
- Jaw-dropping visuals. "Gears of War 2" continues to raise the graphics bar through its breathtaking visual effects, made possible through advances in Unreal Engine 3
- Engaging experience that pulls you in and won't let go. "Gears of War 2" takes deep and immersive storytelling in video games to greater heights. Players connect with humanity's battle for survival on a personal level as they move through a story that introduces new characters and sheds light on the histories of familiar ones
- Expanded cooperative play. Team up with a friend to fight through the harrowing story of Delta Squad in the enhanced campaign mode, now featuring drop-in/drop-out gameplay, as well as individual player difficulty options. Or recruit four friends to battle in the new game mode "Horde," where you'll fight together to fend off a seemingly endless onslaught of Locust forces to attain the highest score
- Fierce and varied competitive multiplayer action. "Gears of War 2" features eight distinct multiplayer modes,2 including the new Wingman, Guardian and Submission modes, where up to 10 players choose a side and pit their courage and battlefield mettle directly against others. In addition, multiplayer bots are available to sharpen your skills offline or to fill out your online private matches on Xbox LIVE
- Party system and skill-based online matchmaking. New to "Gears of War 2" is a party system that allows players to form a full or partial team with friends and continue together from match to match without the need to reform after each game. "Gears of War 2" also supports a skill-based online matchmaking system, powered by TrueSkill, which groups players of similar skill level together in competitive multiplayer matches.
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Xbox 360
- BBFC Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
Edition: Standard Edition
Players continue as Marcus Fenix, a reluctant war hero and leader of Delta Squad, six months after the events of Gears of War. The last cities on Sera are sinking, swallowed by a new Locust threat from below. A massive counterattack is humanitys last hope for survival. Unparalleled gameplay. Gears of War 2 takes the award-winning gameplay of the original and improves upon it in every way. The genre-defining cover system is further refined, making the stop and pop gameplay more intuitive. Dynamic cover is given new meaning as downed opponents can be picked up and used as shields. The intimate violence of the battlefield is heightened when combatants engage in chainsaw duels. Destructible environments and vicious new finishing moves add to the over-the-top experience. Jaw-dropping visuals. Gears of War 2 continues to raise the graphics bar through its breathtaking visual effects, made possible through advances in Unreal Engine 3. Engaging experience that pulls you in and wont let go. Gears of War 2 takes deep and immersive storytelling in video games to greater heights. Players connect with humanitys battle for survival on a personal level as they move through a story that introduces new characters and sheds light on the histories of familiar ones. Expanded cooperative play. Team up with a friend to fight through the harrowing story of Delta Squad in the enhanced campaign mode, now featuring drop-in/drop-out gameplay, as well as individual player difficulty options. Or recruit four friends to battle in the new game mode Horde, where youll fight together to fend off a seemingly endless onslaught of Locust forces to attain the highest score. Fierce and varied competitive multiplayer action. Gears of War 2 features eight distinct multiplayer modes,2 including the new Wingman, Guardian and Submission modes, where up to 10 players choose a side and pit their courage and battlefield mettle directly against others. In addition, multiplayer bots are available to sharpen your
Top Customer Reviews
The campaign is double the size of GOW1, taking me over 10 hours to complete on single player. The campaign takes you through numerous environments from fending off locust in the heart of Jacinto, to taking the battle to their undergound lair on the back of a brumack! The array of weapons has greatly increased with additional arsenal. The mulcher is my personal favourite, ripping any enemies apart that you pont it at.
The creators have added some brand new enemies as well. You finally get to fight a brumack that was so missed out of GOW1. There are a number of different variations of the boomer now, ones with flamers, shields, mulchers etc.
I seem to remember the original's story line wasn't quite fluid - through most of it I didn't understand exactly why I was trying to get to where I was told, but the gameplay just absorbed me. ~This time the storyline is very flowing and kept me captivated.
Horded is another great new addition - play with 3 friends on a ,ultiplayer map fighting off 50 waves of increasingly hard locust. One word of warning though, if you seriously want to finish this mode, set asside an afternoon at least - I got to level 20 which took me 2 hours!
To conclude, this is an amazing step up from the original and I would not hesitate to recommend at all. Can't wait for number 3!
Marcus Fenix and his COG buddies are at it again. This time it is up to them to capture the Locust queen and bring her to justice. It's a mammoth task, and quite frankly, she is a little reluctant to being taken by a bunch of smelly marines. Humanity hangs in the balance, as the Locust horde look to take the last human stronghold of Jacinto and crush the resistance for good.
The story and script are miles ahead of its predecessor, putting character development in the driving seat. Marcus and his crew don't feel like meat heads this time, which reflects on the darker tones of the narrative, yet doesn't shy away from injecting a little humour.
G R A P H I C S & S O U N D
GOW 2 sets a new benchmark for video game production. The end result is simply mind blowing. Character models see a notable improvement, bodily proportions have been revised and look less bulky than that of the previous game. The world of Sera may look ugly with rusty browns and dull greys, but it's all visually striking. The dynamic lighting works it magic to bring environments to life, this is indicative of many gloomy settings still powerful enough to suck you in to the surroundings. The opportunity to visit the Locust's underground world showcases beautiful art direction and imaginative levels.
It's one set=piece after another for players. Bullets will fly everywhere, things drop from the sky, entire buildings collapse and big ass monsters pursue you at every turn. The scale is just ridiculous, attempting to pull your gaze into the distance at all times. The gore effects are even more disturbing this time, chunks of flesh scatter everywhere and bodies are left dismembered in the most gruesom of ways.Read more ›
If you have played the first GOW, you will feel at home with this one. It is set 5 years on. In fact, there is nothing radically different about the sequel. Pretty much more of what you got from the first one. Most of it is set underground but the combat, weapons and controls are all the same. I am not sure whether it is better than the first game. The controls seem a bit heavier and sluggish. However, if you like blasting the bejeezuz out of alien creatures then there are few games that can top this.
Horde mode is a good addition. You trawl around the map killing a set number of locusts. The number of which increase each level. Good simple fun.
Can't say the same for the multiplayer. It takes an absolute age to join in a game. Most modes are round based and don't feature instant respawns. You have to sit it out until the next round and that is downright boring. Then you find that the rather clever cover system gets in the way in the heat of the moment. One of the most frustrating MPs I have come across.
Get this primarily for the single player experience. Even better, play the first game first. Well worth it.
Well written, well designed and highly addictive.
Very easy to play.
Seller wise - arrived the evening of the day I ordered it.
Thanks very much
The enemy AI is very impressive and all enemies are capable of dishing out serious damage and killing you and there is a superb variety unparalleled in any other game which really make the game stand out from the rest. From grunts with shotguns, boomers with rocket launchers, flying reavers, Kantus that automatically revive dead teamates, tickers that carry explosives on their back, snipers, soldiers with flamethrowers, soldiers that ride on the back of strange two legged creatures, soldiers with exploding arrows and grenades.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great game. Well packed. One of my favourite game series of all time.Published 7 months ago by CraGGeRz
The game was sent in perfect order no satchel or anything. I was amazed at how good the quality of the product was.Published 10 months ago by Grant Murphy
No problems at all; no complaints. Prompt delivery and great condition.Published 12 months ago by Rin Satsu