on 14 March 2012
Although adequate for a weekend visit, I found this book a little disappointing in comparison with other books I have in the same series. The history section seemed a little sparse, and many sections seemed to me to be a bit superficial. Other sections tended to criticise and demean anything that wasn't quite to the writer's taste, rather than just sticking to the facts. Some of the photos don't really do justice to a very picturesque city. It would have been helpful to have a map of the bus routes in addition to the tram routes.

Despite my comments, I found the book invaluable, and up-to-date. It certainly helped me to see the main sites, and make the most of my limited time in the city. In the absence of anything else it certainly does the job, and of course fits in a pocket.
on 19 March 2013
Great little informative book packed with nuggets of info for the first time traveler to Gdansk! Fits nicely into my man-bag and inconspicuous enough to not make me stand out like a tourist. Have complemented this purchase with a phrasebook so I am fully prepared when venturing into areas unknown!!!!
on 6 March 2013
This book fits into your pocket, so either there might not be much in Gdansk, or this book is small just so it fits into your pocket. Which is the idea of this book. It does not give many things to visit, but we are only there for a weekend and this books cover enough ideas to keep us busy.
on 15 May 2013
Gave reasonable information about the area, but did not get me over excited about Gdansk. Maps did not give the overall location of the section in Gdansk. OK for a short visit.
on 1 June 2014
Bought this. Book prior to our visit to gdansk. Found it to be very useful and informative. Ideal size to put in your pocket
on 23 September 2013
Yes it had lots of information and was small enough to carry around! A place with lots of history related to World War Two
on 12 February 2014
Spent a week in Gdansk and Sopot in 2013, found d the guidebook to be very useful covers the main areas