Garmin epix - sport watches (Black, Water resistant, Bluetooth, 12h/24h, Cycling, Running, Swimming, 205 x 148 pixels)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Included Software:Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (1 year subscription)
- Interface:USB, Bluetooth
- Functions & Services:Electronic compass, time/date
- Features:Barometer, barometric altimeter, alarm, calendar, AutoPause, Virtual Partner, Garmin Connect compatible, Virtual Racer, Training Effect, vibration alert, calorie computation, Virtual Pacer, stroke counter, step counter
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
- Rec Map Europe - Map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest. Preloaded on some versions.
- BirdsEye Satellite Imagery - Get a true representation of your surroundings with a purchase of a 1-year subscription.
- GPS/GLONASS - Increases signal reception so you can obtain a position approximately 20 percent faster than GPS alone.
- Barometer - Helps you monitor and predict weather by showing you short-term changes in the barometric air pressure.
- Track Navigation - Navigation assistance for loaded or saved tracks.
- Connect IQ™ - Download additional smart apps, widgets and watch faces and applications — or develop your own with our developer kit.
Advanced workouts: Y
Alarm clock: Y
Barometric altimeter: Y
Battery life: 50 h
Battery technology: Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
Bluetooth version: 4.0 LE
Colour of product: Black
Dimensions (WxDxH): 50.8 x 53.3 x 17.8 mm
Display resolution: 205 x 148 pixels
Electronic compass: Y
GPS (satellite): Y
Heart rate data transfer: Bluetooth
Heart rate-based calorie computation: Y
Number of waypoints: 1000
Protection features: Water resistant
Recommended activity: Cycling, Running, Swimming
Vibrating alert: Y
Waterproof up to: 50 m
Weight: 85 g
Top Customer Reviews
This is a phenomenal piece of equipment, it is vast in its abilities and functionality. I wont bother going into any detail as there are much better reviewers/reviews out there on the web focussed at this device.
Out of the box, I charged the device to 100% via my laptop USB port and spend a couple of hours playing and the battery degraded VERY quickly which was initially a huge concern but that night I charged it off mains for the whole night and found that for the first full day with it, I did an 8 mile ride to work on GPS, regular Bluetooth notifications from my iPhone throughout the day (this works really well for emails, sms and Whatsapp), a firmware upgrade without a cabled connection (make sure you do the firmware upgrade ASAP), copied over the (much more detailed) OpenStreetMaps file and then did another 5 mile walk with GPS in the evening. The device was showing at 92% - STUNNING. Make sure you do one solid nights charge off mains after delivery as this helps prepare the battery for its new life out of the box.
There is a mildly steep learning curve with this device, but I dont mean that in a way that suggests it is difficult to use, it is actually very well laid out with sound logic in its various menu systems, it's just the sheer amount of functionality and customisability on the device is vast so it takes a short while to get used to where things are.Read more ›
Things which I love:
-VO2 max, training effect and recovery time estimates
-Consistently good syncing with phone and PC (which I've not experienced with my garmin edge 810)
-Modifiable with apps
-Although I didn't buy for it's smartwatch function, it's actually quite nice.
-Used for running, cycling and swimming. Does all very well.
-I like the freedom of having a navigation device with such a long battery. I plan long runs on garmin connect, send to epix and then go for it. The battery is amazing.
Internet reviews have commented on menus. After only a day or 2 of use the menus are easily navigable.
The outstanding issues I have are:
1. GPS accuracy is not brilliant when walking/running, but considering it's swinging on my wrist at 90 degrees to the sky, and I'm frequently near buildings, it does a perfectly acceptable job. When holding it horizontal and out in the plains, the accurancy is as good as any other GPS I've used.
2. The bundled recreational map of Europe is not good enough to plan hiking trips. Garmin will sell me more detailed, Ordance Survey maps, but they are expensive. However, it is possible to load free OpenStreetMap-based maps, and the device's 8GB of storage is very generous.
The Epix, for me at least, accomplishes what it sets out to do.
So far its been excellent, far better than I was expecting. I had heard that the OS was quite buggy. Not any more!
When I first received it there was an update, then another a week later.
Everything has been stable and reliable.
The amount of data this watch collects is absolutely amazing. Not only that, there's detailed maps for the entire planet.
Thoroughly recommend it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Best watch on the market by miles for trail runners and ultramarathoners. Mapping is brilliant, battery life great, really stable software. No complaints.Published 11 months ago by Jules & Liv
when it works its okish... but there must be a better device out there, I could not rely on this in the wilds as it is full of bugs and since the last software refresh has now... Read morePublished 19 months ago by L. S. Clifton