VINE VOICEon 14 December 2008
I won't be long - just wanted to mention a couple of things. The point is that you'll definitely need a USB (mini) cable with your Garmin Sat Nav, because

1) with a USB (mini) cable, you CAN recharge your Garmin Sat Nav with your PC/Mac, which is not clearly mentioned in the user's manual. Remember, your Sat Nav doesn't come with a USB cable or an AC adapter (you need to buy them separately!), so you can't recharge the battery until you connect it with the vehicle power cable which does come with the Sat Nav.

2) you can download the latest map, update the software, and configure the Sat Nav via Garmin's website. You'll need to do all this (and it's simple) if you want draw out the maximum performance from your Sat Nav!

3) If possible, get a good cable rather than a cheap one, because they're not the same.

*You might already have this cable at home, because the same cable is used for many electric devices, such as mobile phones (e.g. Motorola), digital cameras and external HDDs.

Hope this helps!
88 comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2008
I have seen the same product and brand from halfords, they are still selling £6.99. But you only have to pay just over £2 from amazon, I just can't see where you could get one cheapper than here.
Oh, It works straightaway.
on 23 March 2009
I ordered this for my Garmin 255W. It was cheap enough, and arrived fast. After about 10 minutes I finally got the plug into the back of my Garmin, but then my computer didn't recognize the new hardware once I plugged it in. I tried a different computer and the same result. I contacted the company, the guy apologised and sent out a new one right away. The plug fit easily on the new one, but still no recognition by my computer. I finally tried my cord from my camera, and it worked great. No problems at all. Like others have said, you get what you paid for. The customer service was good, but the product sucks. Try finding one in a store or look around your house for a usb cable that will work.
1010 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 17 September 2008
As stated this is a USB cable which connects your Garmin to the PC, and it does exactly that. It arrived quickly and securely packaged. The only downside is that it doesn't open the Garmin software when you plug it in as that would be a great time saver, but then again thats a Garmin issue i imagin not the cable.
on 13 January 2009
I agree with other reviewers! The first cable I was sent would not fit into the garmin and I was reluctant to force it in. The company aplogised and sent a new one straight away. However, the second one was also a tight fit but I forced it in. When I tried to remove it the metal part broke off in the sat nav and needed to be removed with pliers. I think you get what you pay for and this was cheap!
on 3 March 2016
I paid slightly more for this cable which arrived the next day, via Amazon Prime. I was very pleased that it came in a Garmin Box.

I have paid for a cheaper cable which will take a few days to arrive.

iZKA® - Garmin Nuvi Mini USB Data Sync Charge Cable Fits 30, 40, 50, 200, 200w, 205, 205w, 250, 250w, 255, 255w, 260, 260w, 265t, 265w, 265wt, 270, 270w, 275t, 465t, 500, 5000, 550, 660, 750, 755t, 760, 765t, 770, 775t, 780, 785t, 850, 855, 880, 885t, 1200, 1240, 1250, 1260t, 1300, 1310, 1340, 1350, 1350t, 1370, 1370t, 1390, 1390t, 1440, 1490, 1490t, 1695, 2200, 2415, 2445, 2455, 2460LT, 2475LT, 2496LMT, 2515, 2595LMT, 3490, 3490LT, 3490LMT, 3540, 3540LT, 3590LMT

Price: £1.40 & FREE UK delivery

I also ordered a micro SD card.

I bought Sans Disk because I have used their Recovery Software in the past.

[...]

[...]

SanDisk RescuePRO® and RescuePRO® Deluxe are file and data recovery products for recovering deleted files from all types of digital media.
SanDisk RescuePRO® and RescuePRO® Deluxe recover a variety of file types including images, video, documents, music and hundreds of other popular file types. If you recently received an error message when trying to read your card, or if you seem to have “lost” pictures, data or other files on your digital media device, SanDisk RescuePRO may be just the answer for you.

Some cameras wipe the images during delete/format and cannot be recovered.

Please run the free trial version to ensure compatibility with your camera.

I don't know why Garmin cannot supply a cable and small capacity micro SD with the Sat Nav.
on 23 May 2009
Purchased this for my Nuvi 200.
Works fine with no connection issues.
Brilliant value for money at just over £1.
Would recommend this to get updates etc as well as to charge your sat nav.
on 15 October 2010
Cable only makes sporadic contact with Garmin so PC contact usually fails. Had to buy a (slightly) more expensive cable that worked fine first time. I'll put this one down to experience!
on 12 April 2009
I purchased this in a bundle as I had already ordered a Nuvi from somewhere else and I did not know which lead I needed. Unfortunately, it was stiff to insert and the engineer in me would not allow me to force it. Consequently, it did not connect properly. Fortunately, I had 2 similar leads from other kit and one fitted OK and worked while the other also was too stiff to insert. Could there be a tolerance problem with this type of connector? Fortunately, and hence one star, it was cheap enough not to lose too much sleep over.
on 26 July 2009
Bought this item to connect a Garmin Nüvi to the computer for registration and updates.

However, this cable is the same as the ones used by external hard drives like Western Digital Passport, and also to connect digital cameras.

You might therefore not need it, and would be better checking what cables are already at avail in house before ordering this one.