on 14 May 2017
Compatibility of Garmin Heart Monitor Strap ant+
This heart monitor strap will work with any device that is compatible with any+. In my case I use it with the Garmin Fenix 5. It's a simple setup of pairing it one time only with your watch. Go to the heart monitor section of the watch and have the strap within 30cm of the watch. Set the watch to search for devices and it will find the heart monitor. Then on subsequent uses it will automatically pair with the strap. I've attached a photo of the devices it is compatible with but it will work with any ant+ device.

The Heart Monitor
It comes in 2 bits. A strap and the heart monitor. When you want to use it just click the monitor into the strap. Attach the strap on your chest and add a little water to the black patches that attach to your skin for a good contact. Once done the reading is almost instant. When you finish using it remove the monitor from the strap to save battery power.

According to the instructions the battery can last for four and a half years with usage of 1 hour per day. To replace the battery you need a Phillips screw driver to remove the 4 screws on the monitor. The battery is a CR2032 battery.

The strap itself is a comfortable soft fabric. I find it comfortable to wear. You need to wash the strap after a few uses to keep the heart monitor readings consistent and then let it air dry.

Tips
If the reading is erratic apply water to the 4 electrode black patches on the strap. Tighten the strap to your chest. Warm up for a few minutes and wear a cottage shirt.

I've found this the best Heart Monitor strap I've had so far.
review image review image review image review image
on 29 April 2016
This heart rate monitor works well with both my edge 510 and forerunner 15. It can also be used for other devices that are ant+ compatible. The monitor should be washed within a few times of use and can easily be washed be taking off the transmitter. It faultlessly works and has always worked. My only problem is that if you don't take it off after exercise it will still transmit data to the head unit even if it is turned off. This drains the batteries. These are easy to change and can be bought easily from any store. Great product.
on 18 September 2016
Paired with a vivoactive, this accurately records and monitors my heart rate. Shed loads better than a wrist option and easy to clean. No probs with the sensors and glad I bought it. Accurate results and well worth the beans.
on 26 May 2016
If you've ever had Garmin products it's exactly as you'd expect in terms of quality. Fast delivery, good price & a great bit of kit.

Took a few minutes of amending the length to fit perfectly & a minute to sync to my devices.

Really comfortable to wear & easy to clean.
on 6 June 2014
I have been using the monitor for a couple of months now in conjunction with a Garmin Vivofit . I forget I am wearing the monitor - it is extremely comfortable - and it quickly syncs with the Vivofit. The monitor fastens securely to the strap with a couple of press studs so it is easy to remove to wash the strap. I am extremely happy with the monitor and it is brilliant to play back the recording of my heart rate and see how it changes during exercise.
on 2 July 2017
Works well (more accurate than the wrist hr on my forerunner 235) like the way that once paired it connects automatically and when removed from chest goes back the the wrist hr
on 23 November 2014
Works well and fits well but the battery lasted longer than the unit, it has packed up after barely three months use. I'm just about to contact garmin and will post the reply.

Update. The Garmin customer services seem to be excellent. I rang on their customer care number, was put through within 30 seconds. I explained the situation, there was no haggling or wanting the unit back for repair. They just offered to send out a free replacement. I can't complain about that. All they need to do now is to ensure their products are as good as the service. On that basis alone, I'd buy future Garmin products.
on 6 June 2017
Very good Heart Rate Monitor. I tested for a week against another brand and the data recorded were very similar. Average and Max BPM were the same and there were minor differences on the overall session. The calories consumed were very similar to the one recorded with the other HR chest strap. It's comfortable and it stays in place during intense activity. I'm giving 4 stars because I paired with the Vivoactive HR which was recording completely wrong data so I had to return both.
on 10 June 2017
Nice heart rate strap. Very soft and comfortable.... Synced with my garmin forerunner 235 straight away and has been working flawlessly since then...
on 4 February 2016
Use this with my Garmin Edge 520. Connects wirelessly reliably, is comfortable to wear and appears to be reasonably accurate. I am expecting the unit to become erratic and eventually fail entirely as some of the reviewers on here have reported as such... as will the strap inevitably fall to pieces after the first wash... but I'm not there yet. So far so good... and if it stays that way, splendid.