on 26 May 2017
I have a couple of these - 'old' technology now, but they work and they do the job - gives me enough info and now quickly links and updates to the website to track and monitor progress - updates to web via USB cable. Can take a long time to get satellite. The charge isn't great, but I guess that's not unusual. Certainly it will see you round a marathon without any issue
on 18 August 2013
I have used this on my past four runs and have loved being able to easily monitor my pace and distance. There are two reasons for the loss of one star. Firstly, my cable used to connect the watch with the computer does not always recognise the device, so I have to try a few times until it can be found, and secondly because the heart rate monitor only works with a separate strap. This is included with the watch, but I'd prefer not to have to wear the strap across my chest. In any case, I was more interested in being able to track my pace and distance than heart rate so I've decided just not to monitor that- even if this means I'm not getting the full potential out of the watch.
on 29 March 2014
It's a great concept and works really well, especially with medium distance runs. The battery life is a little temperamental so I wouldn't recommend the longer distance unless it is FULLY charged. The heart rate monitor is comfortable but can sometimes un clip itself, but this has only happened once to me in 40+ uses.
on 6 June 2017
very pleased
on 16 April 2013
If you like gadgets this is a must buy for anyone. Very easy and user friendly. Easy to download onto the computer. Idiot proof, would recommend to anyone who runs/walks.
on 13 April 2017
perfect for the price
on 14 May 2015
So useful! Easy to use and upload to the laptop. Can sometimes take a while to find satellites though.
on 23 February 2013
Really pleased with purchase - easy to set up and use from the box. Would recommend this for other runners
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 10 January 2011
outstanding.

out of the box the first thing you notice is how compact it is compared to other GPS devices - it just looks like a normal watch. fab. it's light and comfortable to wear. garmin seems to have taken on board comments about waste leaflets/instructions - there were none in mine.

a quick charge, a very simple to follow set-up procedure taking 1-2 mins, and you're ready to go. I followed another reviewers advice and set autolap up for 0.25miles.

very quick to locate satelites and no problems staying locked on. to my mind gives enough info while running - distance, time and your pace OVER THE CURRENT LAP - ie. as others have mentioned does not give current pace, but with autolap on it refereshes pace every 0.25 miles which to my mind/running level is perfectly adequate.

the garmin connect software is fab - gives all sorts of breakdowns on performance, showing you your pace etc over the run, height gained, and extremely accurate map plotting - to the extent that you can see exactly where you crossed the road or double-backed to open a gate.

the simplicty and ease of use are brilliant, as is the size. to my mind a huge improvement on the 205.
on 26 September 2010
This is absolutely perfect, exactly what I was looking for in a watch. Slightly larger than the usual sports watch but then thats to be expected as it does more than a basic watch. Logs distance, pace and your heart rate without looking like you are carrying a mini computer on your arm.