- Save on a huge selection of men's, women's and kids' watches and accessories in our Watch Deals store.
- Also check our best rated Sports Watch reviews
- Explore our full range of clothing and equipment for any sport or activity in the Sports & Outdoors Store.
- Find your favourite sports, fitness and outdoor brands for less in the Sports & Outdoors Outlet.
Garmin Forerunner 305 Wrist-Worn GPS Personal Training Device with Heart Rate Monitor (discontinued by manufacturer) (discountinued by manufacturer)
|You Save:||£11.03 (6%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Garmin Forerunner: Sleek wrist-mounted sports performance trainer with high-sensitivity GPS receiver and heart rate monitor
- Monitors heart rate, speed, distance, pace, and calories burned for smarter, more effective conditioning
- Powerful GPS navigator provides faster acquisition times and improves tracking under trees and near buildings
- Delivers detailed post-workout analysis on bundled Training Center PC software (connects to PC via USB)
- Includes rechargeable lithium-ion battery; measures 2.1 x 0.7 x 2.7 inches (W x H x D); 1-year warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Form meets function with Garmin's next-generation, sleek and stylish line of personal trainers the Forerunner 305 & 205. Don't let their good looks fool you. These taskmasters will continually push you to do your personal best. The Forerunner 305 combines all of the popular features found in the 301 along with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver, new courses feature, and robust ANT wireless heart rate monitor for optimal performance.
Designed for athletes of all levels, this running partner and personal trainer has one goal in mind a better you. It continuously monitors your heart rate, speed, distance, pace and calories burned so you can train smarter, more effectively. It tracks your every move with a super-sensitive GPS that even works on tree-covered trails and near tall buildings. Receive a detailed post-workout analysis on the PC with included Garmin Training Center" software.
The Forerunner 305 keeps you on track with innovative features including:
New! Sleek, stylish, lightweight design that "wraps" the GPS antenna around part of the wrist for a better view of the sky, improving reception during training
New! High-sensitivity GPS receiver provides faster acquisition times and improves tracking under trees and near tall buildings
New! Robust ANT wireless heart rate monitor with softer, more comfortable chest strap and superior battery life eliminates cross-talk with other devices to reliably measure and send heart rate data, and helps you train in your zone
New! Customizable screens let you view up to 12 data fields on 3 data screens for immediate feedback on the information you need most when training
Multi-sport" capability lets you seamlessly transition between sports without resetting the unit, so you can use it for running, biking, and more
Easy to use no calibration required. Just turn it on and go
Customize your Forerunner 305 to get the most out of your training. To help you achieve your personal best, the Forerunner 305 includes the following smart features:
New! Courses feature lets you download recorded courses and compete against previous workouts
Auto Pause® pauses and resumes training timer based on a specified speed so you never have to start or stop the timer
Auto Lap® records lap data when you reach a specified time, distance or position so you never have to punch the lap button
Virtual Partner" lets you train against a digital person at specified time, distance or pace goals
AutoScroll" cycles through data pages during a workout
Monitor your pedaling cadence as you ride with the purchase of the GSC 10. Like the heart rate monitor, this self-calibrating, wireless speed/cadence sensor uses the same robust ANT wireless technology to reliably measure and report your pedaling strokes per minute.
Included Garmin Training Center software helps you tailor workouts to meet specific goals and objectives. Create your own workouts or use workout templates included on the CD. Interactive analysis tools let you chart performance overlaid on a map.
Data acquired by the Forerunner may also be analyzed with MotionBased.com, a web-based application that has partnered with Garmin. MotionBased" provides in-depth analysis of your workouts, online mapping and route sharing that will take your training to the next level. Endurance athletes may also use the Forerunner with TrainingPeaks.com, an easy-to-use web based training system designed to help athletes train for any event.
Forerunner 305: You'll like the results
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Well, don't worry about it. Yes it looks bulky but when you are out running you never notice the size and it's easy to appreciate the highly configurable and easy to read display. This device is all about options. I choose to run with the four following items all simultaneously displayed:
Heart Rate, Elapsed running time, Average pace in km/h and Total Distance
I can of course choose to see other bits of information and have the screens changing at intervals I determine but part of the joy of running is getting away from it all and looking where you are going! The device just works, capturing all that lovely information about your heart, what kinds of slopes you are running on, how far you are travelling.
I once got lost in some big woods near where I live, then I simply turned the watch into navigation mode and was able to trace my way back through the forest to where I started from - absolutely brilliant gadget.
The real fun with the Forerunner comes when you get to analyze the data. The software provided with the watch is very basic. Most people I know download the excellent Sport Tracks software which is freeware from Zone 5 Software. To use this software you also need to have installed on your Windows PC a version of .NET from Microsoft (this is just some extra software for the Operating System to allow programs written in a certain way to run - again, it's a free download from Microsoft).
Now you can amaze your friends and family about how far you run, how fast you go, how big the hills are you are running up, amaze them with how many calories you've burnt off.Read more ›
Answers to the questions I couldn't sort out before purchase (as a triathlete):
1. Can you swim with it? Sadly not. Although certified as waterproof it is not sufficiently watertight to swim with.
2. Can you download routes FROM memory map TO the device i.e. brand new runs/bikes planned at home on the map? YES - but you need to upgrade memory map 2004 software to the USB supporting version via their website. The device will then guide you around the planned course.
Everyone should check out SportTracks software (shareware - zonefive) which is vastly superior to the Garmin packaged applet. SportTracks integrates with google earth and automatically generates satellite images of your route.
The pre-loaded advanced training packages are good for turbo sessions. Obviously the GPS is useless but the watch will monitor your heart rate & cadence (with attachment) and instruct you through a pre-set or custom pre-programmed workout e.g. Cycle in zone 3 for 5 mins; Cycle in zone 4 for 2 mins etc.
Other bonuses over my old GPS and heart rate monitors:
It charges via USB while connected to the computer.
It has a coded heart rate belt - no cross-talk in the gym.
It has excellent GPS reception in the woods (much superior to my Geko 301).
All in all: For £150 a bargain. It has virtually replaced my old HRM and my GPS.
Downsides? £150 is still a lot. The large unit might put you off. It looks a bit retro. Can't swim in it. I now *know* that I run as slowly as I thought!
- SiRF III = Accurate GPS
- Quite a fast fix (*most* of the time < 60 seconds)
- Very easy to use
- Comfortable heart rate monitor
- Light and not very big considering whats inside
- Lots and lots of options - If you're into that sort of thing...
Not so good points:
- Only 10 hours battery life when GPS is on - I'm training for the IronMan, so would be nice if it was longer!
- Its not water proof, so I cant wear it in the swim :o( - Although some people put it in a sealable plastic bag and put it in their swimming cap.
- Bundled software is not very good (in my humble opinion). But there's lots of free stuff out there thats really good.
In all I'm very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My hubby loved this and used it constantly at the time of buying itPublished 5 months ago by maricka
QUite bulky compared to modern units, but works well. Have to plug in to downlaod to Garmin Connect. But fuctions well as a sports watchPublished 13 months ago by Amazon Customer
Good unit when I bought it but GPS is a bit slow compared to more modern devicesPublished 14 months ago by Mr D R Norman