on 26 April 2010
I love wind chimes and have quite a few indoor ones. This one is an outside wind chime with a solar powered, colour changing, cracked glass ball light. It has a nice sound, not tinny. The changing colours go through red, blue and green and are quite bright. I love it and the price is very good too.
53 people found this helpful
on 2 April 2017
Cheaply made, so I hope it lasts longer than the normal rubbish from China..
The solar panels on this are the cheapest looking panels that I have ever seen, it's a wonder that they keep the battery charged up..
Colour changing led is quite bright.
UPDATE : useless solar light in the summer it stayed on for about 2 hours at the most.....and the support from Gardman,,,,, well there isn't any. I emailed them several time and got no response.... useless company and a useless product,,, buy direct from China for half the price..... you'll get better support and a better product.
I will never another Gardman made product again....
on 20 June 2013
My garden looks lovely at night with all my solar lights and this is one of the best with the changing colours. It also has a very pleasant jingle when the wind catches it. All in all a good buy.
16 people found this helpful
on 24 October 2016
Got this set up ...put it out in the sunshine,,,it lit up at night...thats all... it has not worked since...
So it actually worked for only several hours and died..Useless really.I expected it to work but no such luck .Avoid.
4 people found this helpful
on 22 February 2014
I have just received the Wind Chime Garden Light today and I have to say that so far, I am very pleased with it. Delivery was prompt and the item was packaged well. I immediately placed it in the Garden and as soon as the sun went down it lit up, the light is bright and the chimes sound very pretty when caught by the wind.

I would just like to amend my previous review. It has now been a couple of weeks since I placed the Solar Wind Chime in my garden and I have to say that I am not mightily impressed, what started out as a very pretty light lasting quite a few hours has now dwindled to a couple of hours max. I assume the light worked well on the first night because it was fully charged but since then it has been pretty crap. I have other Solar Lights in my Garden all of which are still on at 8:50pm and yet the Wind chime light is completely out. I am going to buy a better battery to see if it makes any difference but, I really feel that I shouldn't have to do this. All in all, not the best purchase I've made.
on 7 April 2016
I'm a bit of a sucker for colour changing stuff and bought this last year to hang from our willow tree and it's fantactic...It's not expensive and is made from lightweight material but it is very effective with 2 charging panels (one either side of the pyramidal top), 4 chimes and a cracked glass ball in the centre (which houses the LED).

The chimes makes a pleasant sound and it gives off a lighter than expected glow. We have had 2 now, the one from last year was left up over winter and only recently did we have any trouble (the sting holding 3 of the 4 chimes broke in the recent high winds) so I immediately bought another one..at the price an absolute bargain.
on 9 April 2013
Update 1 Aug 2014. light still working fine.
Purchased this over a month ago.The wind chimes have a nice tone to them in comparison to other wind chimes we have seen. The light works well and recharges sufficiently enough during the day to light up for a few hours at night. However in comparison to our previous light isnt that bright which really was bright especially the blue glow and doesnt last as long. I will look to changing the battery most probably.
The price at time of purchase was £9.98 which was less than half the price we paid a few years ago for the same product.
This product was a replacement for the exact same light we purchased about 3 years ago,the light on that one lasted until last summer ( 2 years) and the strong wind we had blew the chimes off the string last year. However we liked it so much we looked to get another and at the price we got it for it was a no brainer. Im hoping though that this one lasts a little longer than 3 years.
on 28 June 2017
Well made and very colourful at night, the only reason that I gave them a 4 star rating instead of 5 is because the butterflies on the cord where not securely tied and on a breezy day both came off and where temporarily lost, I emailed the company and asked for replacement items but they didn't even have the curtesy to reply, luckily I eventually found the missing pieces and tied them correctly, otherwise a good product.
on 26 July 2017
This wind chime was beautiful for a time, but after a year the hanging hook sheared off consequently the wind chime fell and smashed. Not very sturdy as it hadn't been kept outside in all weathers, we kept it for special sunny evenings and wrapped it carefully between use. So disappointing.
One person found this helpful
on 5 May 2014
I was looking for a wind chime to hang in my garden and noticed this one that also has a built in solar light. It arrived after a few days and I hung it up in the garden. It is really good with the solar led light changing colours every few seconds. But it only lasted for a couple of days and then the light gave up. I purchased another one and returned the faulty one back to Amazon which was fine. The second one has now been working for over two weeks and seems fine. It looks great. Would of given it five stars if the first one hadn't packed up after a couple of days.
One person found this helpful