on 22 June 2009
This is both the most detailed and the easiest pruning advice to follow which is an unusual combination. The diagrams are simple and clear with the different parts and when to cut which bits printed in different colours. It also tells you how to identify which plant needs which pruning technique, which season/growth state not to cut, which plants/age pruning is not necessary at all, and there is also specific advice about pruning certain new, young plants. Even a gardening novice can get it right with this book.
on 3 August 2010
I have my own copy of this book, purchased because I could not find a book which taught me how to prune everything in the garden, easily. This copy was the 3rd one I have bought for a friend who gardens because they complained of the same thing. The book is in alphabeticl order, by plant, so you need to know your Latin names, but there are pix as well to help you. It is clear, concise, explains why you prune in such a way and is accessible. The only pruning book I have ever had to have and, sadly, quite difficult to find now.
on 29 June 2014
I purchased this book when it was first published. Friends of mine wanted to know about pruning but this book is out of print. I purchased two secondhand copies which were in perfect condition. I consider this book one of the best books to describe how to prune. I was very pleased with my purchase and my friends are delighted.
on 6 June 2015
Bought this for a friend who has started to take an interest in gardening. Unbeatable for simple and clear advice on how to prune anything for best effect.
on 9 January 2016
Great little brush for cleaning underside of lawnmower. Very fierce - not to be used on the skin!! If it had been a bit small it would be better for crevices.
on 24 October 2011
Very good and efficient service. Book arrived promptly, well wrapped and in very good condition. I would use Amazon again.
on 15 November 2014
Both copies of book in fantastic condition highly recommend