From the Back Cover
Designed with busy teachers in mind, the Classroom Gems series draws together an extensive selection of practical, tried-and-tested, off-the-shelf ideas, games and activities, guaranteed to transform any lesson or classroom in an instant.
Easily navigable, allowing you to choose the right activity quickly and easily, these invaluable resources are guaranteed to save you time and are a must-have tool to plan, prepare and deliver first-rate lessons.
With text and activities fully updated and extended to reflect the latest curriculum, focus and practice, Games, Ideas and Activities for Early Years Phonics, second edition will provide early years practioners with a wealth of resources to help them to successfully develop childrens’s awareness of phonics in line with the Letters and Sounds programme.
This easy-to-use guide provides all of the tips, tools and techniques that you will need, including:
· Over 250 activities aimed at developing awareness of phonics through play and stories
· Easily adapted to suit different topics and scenarios
· Activities that can be easily adapted to suit different classes or topics
· Activities need few additional resources or organisation and are easy to fit into a busy timetable
· Base on familiar early years themes and activities
· Step-by-step instructions for each activity
Instant ideas to brighten up your classroom!