Games, Ideas and Activities for Early Years Mathematics (Classroom Gems) Paperback – 9 Dec 2011
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Classroom Gems inspirational ideas for the classroom.
Designed with busy teachers in mind, the Classroom Gems series draws together an extensive selection of practical, tried-and-tested, off-the-shelf ideas, games and activities, guaranteed to transform any lesson or classroom in an instant.
Easily navigable, allowing you to choose the right activity quickly and easily, these invaluable resources are guaranteed to save you time and are a must-have tool to plan, prepare and deliver first-rate lessons.
Games, Ideas and Activities for Early Years Mathematicsprovides a wealth of activities to supplement and support the teaching of maths in a fun and appealing way. Designed to enable practitioners to effectively support childrens mathematical development across the EYFS curriculum, this is the resource that will bring maths to life in any early years setting.
Alice Hansen provides easy-to-access and implement mathematical ideas that practitioners and teachers can use straightaway, through topics that are commonly used in early years settings and classrooms.
- Over 100 unique ideas designed to enhance the teaching and learning of maths in the early years
- Activities that enable practitioners to integrate mathematical thinking into everyday activities
- How is this maths? feature to support practitioners in identifying opportunities for emergent maths
- Step-by-step instructions for each activity
- Minimal preparation or resources required easy to fit into a busy timetable
Alice Hansenworked in Initial Teacher Education for 13 years at the University of Cumbria. Prior to that she taught extensively in primary schools in England and abroad. She is now an educational consultant who works within a number of educational settings and national bodies developing continuing professional development for teachers in mathematics education and the new National Curriculum.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Classroom Management
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching Aids & Educational Material
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching of Specific Subjects
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > School Systems > Primary
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Teacher Training
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Maths
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies