Gamemaker: Studio For Dummies Paperback – 2 Sep 2014
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
- Quickly design, develop, test, and publish your first game
- Use GameMaker Language Code to create more advanced games
- Publish your game on multiple platforms for all major devices
Get gaming with the official guide to GameMaker: Studio
Are you an aspiring game developer looking to quickly and easily design, develop, and publish your own web and mobile games? You ve come to the right place! In plain English, this hands–on guide shows you how to get started with expert tips, tricks, and tutorials that make working with GameMaker: Studio accessible and fun.
- Ready, set, game! get to know GameMaker: Studio and grasp how Sounds, Sprites, Objects, and Rooms work together
- Tools of the trade create some action with Events, define those Events with Actions, make games with Views, and use a Timeline to create your game
- Make it special add special effects to your game, from dragging–and–dropping and coding to using surfaces and applying scaling and resolution code
- Learn the lingo find out how to code with GameMaker language, use physics for more realistic gameplay, and create virtual keys, analog sticks, and swipes
Open the book and find:
- The major features of GameMaker: Studio
- The many types of games you can make
- How to add sounds to your game
- Ways to make your game pretty with Sprites
- Guidance on adding speed and movement with Views
- How to add functionality to your games
- Answers to commonly asked questions
- Ten invaluable tips from game developers
About the Author
Michael Rohde has worked as a web development professional and writer for 19 years. He created a companion site for this book at www.gamemaker–tutorials.com. He is the author of Adobe Animate Edge CC For Dummies.
Top customer reviews
From the beginning you are introduced to using 'Drag n' Drop' code in creating a game, straight through to the use of 'GML' ( Game Maker Language ) form of coding. GML is more flexible and easier for when you want to copy and paste code.
In addition the book teaches you how to use physics, virtual keys, analog sticks and swipes as used in touch screen apps for games on mobile devices, particles and more !
I don't think it would take too long to understand GameMaker:Studio from reading this book. The content is varied enough to cover most aspects of game design and even though you might not be a beginner, you will find something interesting all the same.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category