A Gallery of Fluid Motion Paperback – 12 Jan 2004
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'… relax with a feast of pictures …'. New Scientist
'… the book is a fine collection of images of fluids in motion.' Journal of Fluid Mechanics
A selection of the winners of the annual DFD/APS competition for outstanding images of fluid flow are collected here. Each image is accompanied by some explanatory text, aimed at making the Gallery an attractive and essential work for all those interested in the art and science of fluid flow.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Oh, Nooooo!!! I was hoping that the color images would appear on the PC Kindle App. No such luck! PC version is also in shades of grey! To see color images try the Google books preview.
But the papers and diagrams here also serve a serious purpose. In fluid mechanics, a lot of qualitative understanding can arise from studying such diagrams. Not the least because sometimes modelling the equations leads to massive sets of numerical results, which might have to be understood visually. And in the book, the diagrams are of actual experimental results, not simulations, but the idea is the same. You often need some diagrams to understand the underlying phenomena.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Mathematics > Applied Mathematics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics > Mechanics