- Also check our best rated Espresso Machine reviews
Gaggia 9004 Syncrony Compact Digital Super Automatic Espresso Machine, Silver
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Three programmable push buttons that brew based on the liquid volume you choose and with easily removable brew group
- Automatic ground coffee dosing is adjustable from 6 to 9 grams
- Accessories included are 7 gram coffee scoop, water hardness test strip, and grinder cleaning brush
- Conical burr grinder with 18 adjustable grind settings and 15 Bar Pump
- Stainless steel Pannarello frothing wand
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
At the heart of this machine are its two stainless steel lined boilers that allow you to go between brewing and steaming with the push the brew button or the turn of a steam knob. We call this the Rapid Steam feature. And like all of the other Gaggia super automatics it does have a bypass doser for pre-ground coffee if you don't want to use the beans that you already have in the hopper. There are three buttons that can be programmed to dispense any amount of coffee/espresso that you would like. If you want a double shot just push the brew button twice and it will brew two complete cycles. The LCD digital display gives a quick read on the functions on the machine. When you run out of beans or water you can read it on the display. If the brew group is loose, the dump box full or the front door is ajar, messages will appear on the display to alert you to this as well.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Amazing! It is probably on it's last legs but I have over 10,000 shots over the years. It has a double boiler so it makes steam immediately and maintains shot pressure. It has a grind and shot size adjustment and you can also make your shot fluid size any size by holding down the shot button until you are satisfied then let go. Remembers after that. Easy to clean the brew unit. Like all these devices you need to descale. Eventually you get behind and you send it in. I have once and it is still making good latte's.
For the money there really is no equivalent to this machine.
1. This machine typically makes 12-14 individually ground espresso shots before you will need to empty the hopper. It's pretty easy and no big deal to do this. The grinder works flawlessly, and the hopper typically holds about a 1/2 to 2/3 pound of beans.
2. I have tried to use ground coffee with this machine, which doesn't taste anywhere as good as the beans. When I first got the machine, I tried using some "fine ground" espresso in the little door on top to make a cup of coffee. No espresso would come out the machine....it took a long time to figure out that it was clogging up the filter. I used slightly coarser ground beans with excellent results.
3. There are two buttons for making espresso - I refer to them as the regular and large size buttons. You can adjust how much water each button will automatically dispense very easily.
4. The steam attachment on the side of the machine works very well for both steam and dispensing hot water.
5. There is an automatic decalcification light that comes on to let you know to run the appropriate cleanser through the machine. I've figured out this light turns on based upon the number of cycles of espresso that are made versus actual need. No big deal....it's a good reminder light for maintance.
6. The water tank is pretty straight forward and lifts off for filling, although I prefer to lift the top off of it and refilling via a large glass/pitcher.
7. This machine is mostly made of plastic, but it's very solid and well made. The tray beneath the espresso dispenser is made of metal, along with the steamer nozzel.
8. I highly recommend watching one of the instructional videos for this machine. It does require learning very basic steps, which are explained well with the included instructions (they are outright cryptic). This is a very easy machine to use once you understand the controls.
9. If I could add a feature it would be a counter mechanism - because some days I lose track of my caffeine intake and I'm simply curious as to how many shots we've really made in total.
I've made at least 2000 espresso shots with this great machine. Overall, myself, my family, and my friends have all enjoyed it...and everyone wants one. I've converted many diehard regular coffee drinkers to more flavorful espresso. You decide....this machine isn't cheap. But some luxuries are wonderful if you can afford it.
All that being said, it makes a great espresso and steamed milk. The espresso has a very nice crema. We love the bypass doser so if we want decaf we can have that too. It is fussy about the grind used in the doser. It is also much less expensive than the "pod" type espresso machines available today in terms of the per cup price of coffee. It's also saved us big $$ on our Starbucks habit. We used the machine alot. Probably 8 shots (regular or decaf) almost every day along with steamed milk. It's a machine and despite the TLC we gave it, it's time to sadly say goodbye.
Perfect coffee every time, next to a professional coffee house machine IMO this is the best auto barista around,with simple strength controls and simple cleaning of the grounds, I love it