on 17 July 2014
The Gal S2 l bought came with one of these. It was excellent. I particularly like the way the sides are good and thick and protect the phone from edge-on impact, specially the corners - far more likely that it falling flat on the screen

But the new battery for my Gal S2 is one of the high power batts that is extra thick and is supplied with its own back cover to replace the original Sam back. Obviously, the original gel cover is not designed to fit the new, thicker phone. But it can be done.

As a trial I used the original gel cover. I cut out a section around the new battery. I could see that with a new cover and better surgery, I could make a better job and have a cover that in my view protects the most vulnerable and like to get damaged part [after the screen] - the edges.

I bought this case and, using the roughly successful cut-out original as a guide, cut out a section of the back that gave a better grip on the long sides, covers the bottom of the phone up to the edge of the new battery lip and the top of the phone. I did not completely cut across the top, over the camera. I left that so that the case now has a flap, hinged either side of the camera, that covers the entire back. A tiny drop or two of superglue has made the flap stay put. To get the battery out, the glue spots could be cut away the a sharp blade. So you can have a cover on a Gal S2 with fat batt if you carefully cut down three sides of this cover.

PS: I have now had reason to open the back of the phone to retrieve a malfunctioning SD card. I was a bit over-enthusiastic with my first lot of Superglue, to secure the flap of the back cover. In fact, all you need is a very tiny drop in each corner. These cut away easily if you need to get back inside the phone, as I have had to do. Cover still good after removing and replacing it twice.
on 14 February 2014
This was very cheap - £2.75 including postage - but not really a bargain. It's very plasticky rather than rubber/silicone, so it doesn't feel that nice in the hand. The fit is okay, rather than snug. My main issue with it, though, is that the case covers the two side buttons - the one that controls volume on the left and the off switch on the right. I think you are supposed to be able to work the buttons through the cover, but the plastic isn't flexible enough to do that with ease. I'll be buying another cover today and writing this one off.
on 16 February 2015
Great phone case, fits perfectly with all relevant holes in the correct places. Also this cover suits me because without this cover I cannot hold the phone without dropping it. In my hands its like a wet bar of soap. Looks good on the phone aswell.
on 28 January 2015
It is good. I changed my leather flap case for this one as the previous one felt too bulky. I'm happy with it. I haven't dropped my phone nastily in the about 6 months I have had it so I can't say how much of a protection is
on 15 February 2014
Simple, very cheap, and fits my Galaxy S2 fine. All the cut outs are in the right place and it looks fine. I'm not using the screen protector which came with it - I use MediaDevil protectors which are excellent. The contact through the casing with the side buttons on the phone requires quite a firm press, but it works just fine.
on 23 February 2014
Spent a lot of time deciding which case to buy. Purchased this one mainly on reviews and price. It arrived promptly and was well packaged.
It fitted well, and looks very smart. The screen protector provided was easy to apply with no bubbles.
I am very pleased with my purchase.
on 29 August 2014
I've had this for product for 9 months. There have been no problems with degradation, which sometimes affects the cheap end case. It doesn't provide the protection of the big name covers, but it does the basic job well. It makes the phone a lot less slippery, so it doesn't slide off polished tables / book covers / out of your hand. It lifts the lens cover off surfaces so it doesn't get scratched (the main reason I got it. It fits my S2 perfectly. Excellent value.
on 8 December 2012
I bought this to protect my phone from drops and accidents . Very good for that. It also has a gripped edge each side . I was expecting it to be more silicone based and therefore stick to the dashboard etc. It's not. It does give you access to all the buttons and sockets though. I do find the push through volume and standby buttons a bit stiff but for the money it fits tight and looks good. Hence 4stars.
on 27 November 2012
Never mind the fact that it is cheap and boringly black, the main reason i love it is because it grips well.
It makes me laugh to see so many people with cracked iphone or galaxy screens, why didn't they be more careful?
they pay a fortune for their phones but don't protect them!
The ribbed edges make it much less likely to slip from your hands
on 23 December 2013
Bought this thinking it would be cheap, nasty and I would have to replace it within a fairly short period of time...as it turns out, has out lived me owning the phone. It fits perfectly, even with an extended battery life case on the back, it is now still on the phone with its new owner who is equally happy with it. Cheap, cheerful, functional...don't bother wasting your money on anything more expensive.