Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) forum

GTA IV Special Edition - Shipping Yet?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Apr 2008 11:42:47 BDT
loonytoon says:
Like many others I pre-ordered the Special Edition of GTA IV. I placed my order in November to make sure that I would avoid disappointment and I am aware that Rockstar and Take Two have made them sign an agreement not to ship until tomorrow so I was fine with that.

When I contacted Amazon about the issue I was given the following response:

"Grand Theft Auto IV: Special Edition (PS3)" has proven to be a very popular item. We have many customer orders for this item, and we've just begun receiving copies from our supplier. We are filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis.

We still expect to dispatch your order #*********** by the date listed in Your Account:April 28, 2008 - April 29, 2008.

I just want to know if they have started charging or requesting funds from accounts as they haven't done this with mine yet, which is highly worrying...

So has anyone else received anything else from Amazon, letting them know any different? Please remember that this refers to the special edition which they claim is highly popular

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2008 11:51:41 BDT
S.Merson says:
Jesus.., calm down its Sunday! Highly unlikely they will charge you on a Sunday and before they dispatch the game. If they say it will be dispatched by the 28th/29th it will be.

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2008 14:19:04 BDT
loonytoon says:
You may say that now but prior to what they have already told me I asked them again to see what they would say... this time they say:

"As soon as we receive stock of this item from our supplier, we will
dispatch your order"

So to start with they had the stock already and now they're awaiting it... you tell me that's not something to wonder about or they're giving their customers the run around

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Apr 2008 14:26:02 BDT
Mr. S. Swift says:
i am also a bit worried about my order although it does say 28th dispatch for 29th-30th i havent heard anything. alot of other sites have dispatched there games to customers

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 12:13:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 Apr 2008 12:15:00 BDT
jromeo21uk says:
Oh yeah, got my Special Edition this morning via...guess what? Super Saver Delivery!!! Dispatched yesterday, arrived today! Now that's what I call service! Now I'm feeling sorry for those of you who chose to pay extra postage in the form of First Class and Express Delivery. Amazon sure does work in funny ways :D

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 13:01:52 BDT
i ordered the special edition one on the 9th of april and it has arrived today but am at work the now so am very piiissseddd offf. Hope u get yours though good luck

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Apr 2008 13:51:23 BDT
Weskers says:
Ordered mine in Jan. As a pre-order I generally expect it to be delivered on the release day, Especially as I ordered 4 months ago. But no, nothing has arrived on release day, my mates have all gotten theirs already, and I'm sitting at home on holiday booked off from work twiddling my thumbs, and taking abuse from friends texting me and sending 3g vids of them playing gta4. This is the 1st time I've pre-ordered from Amazon. Will most likely be the last as I've always had my pre-orders delivered from other companies on the exact release day, some a day or so earlier.
Extremely dissapointed with service.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  27 Apr 2008
Latest post:  29 Apr 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) by Rockstar (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (394)