on 26 June 2013
Having smashed the piggy bank to buy my new MacBook, I wanted a protective cover - but not at the £30+ prices being asked for by Apple and other on-line stores. I also had difficulty determining which of the various covers on offer actually fitted the Retina screen model.
The GMYLE cover clearly stated it was for the Retina Mac and the price seemed exceptionally good - so I duly ordered one, in Rubberised Black.
Delivery was extremely rapid and upon opening the jiffy bag I found a tightly wrapped and sealed cover (no dust or scratches), all ready for fitment.
Attaching the cover was a doddle - a perfect and close fit in every regard - and it looked really good. Firing up the MacBook allowed me to note that the illuminated Apple logo was in evidence and prolonged use has proved that all vents etc are perfectly positioned.
Now, some 4 weeks since purchase I cannot fault this case. It looks stylish, offers excellent protection, wipes clean in seconds and when closed, disguises the fact that it's an expensive (and nickable) Mac in my bag. Others in the office think so too - there are now 3 other GMYLE covers in use here - all different colours - though why Richard has a pink one makes me wonder!!!!! Highly recommended - !
16 people found this helpful
on 7 October 2014
After buying a shiny new Macbook Pro with Retina your first instinct is you want to protect this at all costs - throwing all your money into countless cases and sleeves. Having already bought a decent sleeve with a faux lining, I felt that a snap-on case was needed, thus my search began.

A friend of mine had recommended the Tech21 case priced at a massive £60, pretty much for two pieces of plastic. This put me off and thus I looked around. Trawling through the numerous listings on Amazon for an alternative case, I finally found this. The reviews were the best of any case on Amazon and even better than the Speck cases which I was very surprised about - much cheaper also.

Ok so for the positives.

I received the case a couple of days later via Amazon Logistics and opened the cellophane that was protecting it. The first impressions I got of the case were nice, very nice. To apply the case, you simply just apply a tad bit of pressure to secure each side and you're done. After application, it just gets so much better and really gives my Macbook a nice look. It will put my mind at rest knowing it isn't going to be scratched.

Sorry to burst your bubble but not all cases are perfect.

My first negative was that they have over-used the word "Rubberised". Even though it has a SLIGHT rubber feel it is, sadly more, a matte feel (which is stated). My second negative is the pads on the bottom to raise the Macbook slightly are just your average felt pads you can buy from a crafts store. Rubber pads would have been a lot better for me. Being felt and white I can foresee them collecting dirt. This is more of a personal feeling than a general negative, the price was set at £9.98 meaning, because fulfilled by Amazon, I had to find an item set at 2p to get it to the £10 free delivery mark. Sadly, Amazon I found don't go generous on 2p listings and thus I had to order an eraser set at 99p.

Overall then this is a brilliant case for your Macbook. Fits well and securely along with looking stylish and improving a product that already looks beautiful. If Apple made an anodized Black Macbook Pro, I would be in heaven. Has it's issues, as with every product, but for the most of it, for £10 you can't go wrong. 4 stars for my issues but still a brilliant case.
on 14 November 2016
GMYLE (R) Transparent 13" inches RETINA DISPLAY Macbook Pro Frosted Rubber Coated See Through Hard Snap On Case Cover

Love the cover, it has protected my macbook from more than several smudged hands and soiled surfaces !! excellent product and the clear transparent cover provides both looks and protection. an excellent choice for the 2015 macbook pro with retina display. It gives that comfortable grip when you are moving around with your macbook and its not cold to hold.

i have although lost the legs that give the antiskid grip so not sure where i can get them but other than that after 2 years its still going good.
on 1 February 2014
I bought this case over Christmas to protect my Macbook as I often use it to travel to and from class. The case fits perfectly around my Mac and gives it a discreet look. The bottom case in particular is very well ventilated and doesn't overheat my laptop. Also the rubber coat has velvety smooth texture which people (my friends) are often tempted to stroke.

Drawbacks are minor, the lower case at times feels loose but it's still secure and hasn't defeated the purpose of the case.
Be wary that the sides are exposed in order to give access to ports so are prone to scratches. As for removing the case, Ive had no trouble doing so but its not something I do very often. As long as it's removed with care, you shouldn't have any problems!

Hope this was informative!
5 people found this helpful
on 19 September 2013
I bought this to replace a cheaper cover where the locating tabs had broken on the lower cover.
The case fits snugly and has a nice matt finish. The locating tabs appear to be more robust than the previous case I tried. There was some plastic over-flash that I carefully removed with a sharp Stanley Knife before I fitted it to my macbook. Using the keyboard is comfortable as the case doesn't catch your wrists, possibly aided by the trimming I performed. I would have given it 5 stars if I hadn't had to trim it myself. I'd definitely buy another as the Apple Store Speck cases appear to be no better than the Gmyle, but are 3 times the price.
3 people found this helpful
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 7 June 2014
The laptop case was delivered earlier than stated which was a plus. It was very simple to fit onto the MacBook and is secure. It is just as easy to take off when need be. The cut us very precise which was one thing I was worried about. One thing I'm not too fond of is the fond of was the fact that the grips at the bottom are made of some sort of foamy material which makes it look a little cheap but I guess you can't complain considering the price. All necessarily vents and output sockets aren't covered and are easily accessible. Greasy hands do leave a slight of a pink on the it but this is to be expected and easily cleaned. This hard case only adds a tiny amount to your MacBooks measurements and I am able to still fit it in to my very snug laptop sleeve which I was very pleased about. Definitely value for money.
on 17 March 2015
Don't bother. It's a bit of a loose fit which causes bits of debris to get trapped inside the case, resulting in nasty scratches and dents. There's at least 26 small round scratches/dents on the base of my laptop. I take the case of each week to clean but apparently that didn't really help. If I have wanted a scratched base than I wouldn't have bought a case and honestly, it would be less defected (aesthetically) if I hasn't bought one.
on 24 May 2015
I like the product. However, I wish it covered the upper corners of the macbook (hence 4 stars)

I have had this for 6 month or so now and so far I see no issues whatsoever. Also, I do not take my laptop out as much as a student would for example so it is pretty much for home use. I guess I did not put this case to the test as much as a regular laptop user would

but overall for me this product is worth the money
on 3 August 2015
MacBook Pro 13" Retina Mid 2014 Model

Easy to fit, however the bottom section is a little loose (not overly so).

No instructions.. be careful not to place the top lid on the incorrect way (Logo should face the front of the computer)..
on 28 May 2015
Fits my new Mac Book Pro well. Slight problem with the little pads on the bottom coming off but sorted easy enough with a bit of super glue.