on 6 July 2015
My husband was one of the founding members of the 'Edinburgh Single Malt Society', and every year it gets harder to find him anything unique that revolves around Scotch. When I saw these on Amazon, I picked it up immediately. I also got myself the High ball version, as I am a Jack and Coke drinker...however, it's not great for mixed drinks. But for Scotch? It's perfect.

It comes with one ice ball, which is great, but my husband will sometimes want more than one drink. Which means he needs more than one ball of ice. I got these ice ball makers --> Durable Ice Ball Mould - Silicone Ice Mold Tray For High Quality Food Grade - Ultra Slow Melting Ice Sphere - Perfect For Cocktail, Whiskey, Liquor & Other Drink - Blusmart after awhile so we could make a 'stash' of ice balls and keep them in the fridge.

Let me preface this next bit with the fact that I generally hate Scotch. It smells like something you clean an engine with. However, the husband gave me some Haig (the Scotch for people who don't like Scotch) in this glass, and I really really liked it. It wasn't as tasty as my Jack and Coke...but it was pretty darn lovely. Plus this glass is fun to play with, you get to swirl the ice ball around in circles.

I bought the husband a decanter set for his birthday to go along with his obligatory bottle of Scotch, it came with glasses...which he used that day, and went back to this guy. It's his favourite.

If you have a Scotch drinker in your life, this glass is worth every penny.
on 3 December 2016
When it arrives and you open it up you are very impressed with the product itself. Looks like a great idea however in practice just doesn't work out. Threw the mold straight into the freezer and was looking forwards to a nice bit of grouse on the rocks. After about 5 hours when I took the ice out of the mood rather than being as spherical as shown the is a big ring that sticks out, almost like an equatorial line on a globe. This is where the centre of the mold lied. Poured the whisky and within ten minutes it was too diluted for my taste, have tried this again since with everything chilled beforehand in the hope of it working but still does not take long to melt. Overall I cannot say I was overly impressed, looks lovely but dilutes the whisky too much to my taste.
on 10 May 2014
I bought this for my husband for christmas. As he's a whiskey drinker, I've bought him a few whiskey related drinks, and most turn out to be rubbish, but this actually made a great ice ball! Really easy to use and comes out with a very round globe of ice. He usually takes it neat but says this is perfect for the harsher blends.
on 19 July 2016
This is a great gift set but the QA on this product is shocking. I bought a set of two and we had to return them 3 times before we had a set where the glass was flawless. Many had bubbles in the glass or they didn't sit flat on the table. In every case there was a horrid smell and greasiness on the glasses which took a while to remove by hand washing.

It's a real shame that they've let standards slide as I would have been happy to a few quid more to avoid the hassle of returning them.
on 3 January 2016
An amazing item, brought for the other half as a Christmas present the ice ball froze really quick, it's really easy to fill and easy to get out once froze, it fits in the glass perfectly and moves around the glass freely and with ease even with the drink in, although I recommend not filling the glass too much.
on 9 January 2017
Glass is very nice and feels nice in the hand. The only drawback is the ice mould for the ice ball as it doesn't come apart too well which breaks the ball. Secondly the ice ball is huge and practically takes up the entire glass. Other than this though the glass is of a very good quality and I would recommend it.
on 9 May 2017
Was very pleased when these came in a nicely presented box. Very shiny glasses, good condition. I was worried when some said they were broken etc, but these are still being used by the family. Great little product for the whiskey / brandy drinker to get out with a friend or an occasion.
on 30 December 2012
When the glass arrived I pulled it out of the box and the rim of the glass (where you expect to put your mouth) was so sharp and unfinished I cut my finger. The ice ball thing is cool but its a lot of money for an ice mold. Cheaply made I wouldn't bother.
on 3 January 2017
got this for an uncle for xmas. he loves it! packaging good, concept brilliant. great for the whiskey lover. solid glass, not too thin.
on 28 December 2016
Bought this for my husband, he loved it! Great quality, the glass feels heavy as it should, the mould works just fine. I have just read the reviews and some saying there are bubbles and rings in the glass but mine is all ok. It's been a while since I bought this and it's still in a great condition.