on 27 October 2014
Over all is an excellent device. Garmin supplied this model with all facilities offers in the upper series.
High quality product, bright screen and colours, carefully design software for ease of use, and works perfectly well with no problems. Easy update maps and software, though it takes some time.
Pairing easy with my Xperia E1 yet traffic received only in motorways and A roads. Have better maps (Navteq) than TomTom (Google Tele Atlas), but less ideal routes. TomTom covers traffic almost every where.
With out a doubt Garmin is the world leader, but is missed the top position regarding traffic alerts.
on 28 August 2014
Bought this to replace a Garmin Nüvi 1490 - single update for map was £50 so decided to put this towards new one instead.

Very pleased - delivery very prompt, and it has various improvements over the old one. The screen is smaller, which is a bit of a limitation, but there is a similar model available with a larger screen, but significantly more expensive. However, the screen isclear and easy to see.

Comes with lifetime map updates, links to smartphone for traffic info which works reasonably well, but the traffic info isn't always accurate. eg I was on a stretch of the M5 with slow traffic showing but it was flowing freely. There had been an earlier holdup I think.

Instructions like "turn left at the traffic light" are good and make it easier. Voice control works remarkably well, though instructions need to be loud and clear, particularly when on the move.
on 31 August 2013
I researched satnavs in depth before making this purchase. I wanted a device that would help me manage my time in traffic queues in and around Aberdeen whilst i am driving through for work almost daily. The live traffic info was dependent on my iphone being paired with the device - ok but it wasn't clear before purchase.
The rerouting to help avoid jams was less than sophisticated and testing it on a Friday at 4.00pm to see if it could help me avoid the inner city madness proved that it couldnt even manage a sensible route with a small diversion. I sat for an hour in slow moving traffic on Union street.
I am now testing a Tomtom 825 with altogether more promise from the route planning stage.
on 22 October 2013
It is very poor at its basic function of finding the quickest way. On a test run to Norfolk from Hessle I had to ignore the guidance it gave on some 15 occasions and knocked a significant time off that initially given by the machine.

On the return trip, despite being still set to the fastest route it did not find it and kept trying to put me back onto a slower route on a number of occasions.. By ignoring the instructions he end result was I knocked a full 30 minutes of the initial time it had indicated. This was without speeding.

There are no instructions with it, only a web address. I have not found how to access previous addresses yet, nor how to create favourites.

Last night it kept saying the A63 was blocked and tried to take me off at several junctions before my turn. I ignored it, continued on the open road and turned of at my turn, which was the start of the actual block..

Overall it is not a patch on the TomTom

JK
on 11 October 2014
A very disappointing device. I have found the traffic alerts totally unreliable spending hours in traffic jams it didn't warn me about or avoiding jams that didn't exist. I've found bizarre routes with this. Very disappointed.
on 29 November 2014
Very pleased. I found the menu system uncluttered and easy to find my way around to select a navigation option..
on 28 August 2015
works good can take along time to update
on 20 January 2016
Very good product. does a good job
on 19 June 2014
this does have a traffic Function but it does not work it keeps saying you are not in a reception area I drove 25 miles and then it came up no traffic reported I am going back to tomtom it gives you traffic updates straight away as soon you set a route if you want traffic do not bye this unless you want to be held up in traffic