Customer reviews

G.I. Blues/King Creole/Blue Hawaii [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 26 February 2014
This was certainly good value for money, as you get to see ELVIS in three different movies. I thought he acted very well, and as I hadn't seen these before, I really enjoyed the storylines. His singing has always been OUT OF THIS WORLD for me as his voice is MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the Wedding in BLUE HAWAII with the famous wedding songs. I will certainly never tire of ELVIS, because after all HE'S THE KING!!!!!!!!!!
on 23 October 2017
love this
on 16 June 2015
All perfect, packaged great and worked a treat.
on 16 June 2013
Excellent value for money, ...3 films for the price of one, & makes a nice space saving collectable.
Also, the music is just great!!!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 February 2010
For the price of a bargain DVD, you have 3 films that stars Elvis. GI Blues is always a favourite of mine as this has one of the best known musical songs in. It always uplifts me when watching it and I always seem to sing a long with the music.

King Creole is without doubt, the best serious acting roles that Elvis did. The dark moody character that he portrayed and the brilliant music from the film make it a good one to watch. Probably if Elvis wanted to be a serious actor, then this is the film that would have secured him a serious role.

Blue Hawaii is the weaker of the 3, but the visuals and location makes it still worth watching.

Overall, a great set.
on 20 February 2010
I have to disagree with the person who says Blue Hawaii is the weakest film of the three. I think it`s the best one.
I love those blue Hawaiian seas, the sunny beaches, the palm trees, the lovely young people, the songs. I watch Blue Hawii time and again, whenever I feel like basking in its sunny, happy, youthfulness.
It`s a feel-good film. I even forgive the fact that some of the songs are out of sync. with the singers` lip movements.
on 7 January 2010
An Elvis fan I had not seen any of his early films for years so decided to hint that would be a nice gift for Christmas, so along came Santa and left me G.I. Blues, King Creole, Blue Hawaii. They were in a 3 CD set, a perfect gift for an Elvis fan.
I would recommend it for anyone, not only Elvis Fans.
on 16 June 2011
Elvis, well you can't go wrong with these musicals and who wouldn't want to have a wedding as Elvis did on Blue Hawaii.
You can sing with every song and admire elvis in the envious roles, Elvis seemingly hated doing these films but i'm sure every fan LOVES them, this is how i want to remember ELVIS.
on 20 July 2013
Really wanted the GI blues movie but this box of 3 Elvis films was actually cheaper than the single DVD also available.
Great quality considering the age of the originals. Would highly recommend to any Elvis fan or to anyone wanting to know how good he was in his early film career.
VINE VOICEon 6 March 2009
You get 3 films, all in which Elvis is surprisingly good. In fact Kid Creole is a film in which he puts in an incredible performance.
They're all great, the kids love them too. A great way to re-live those BBC2 Saturday afternoons watching Elvis before Play Away came on :)