on 11 December 2010
I've been trying to find a decent pair of boots for a while. I used to love Cat boots, but frankly lately the quality has dropped as the price went up. I bought these Grafters solely on the basis of the consistent high ratings that other Amazon customers have left. I Was not disappointed.
I would agree that the Sizing is a little Generous. I've been a size 12 unwaveringly for years, and though these say 12 on the label, they'd have to be at least a 13!!, but still, nothing a pair of insoles, and some thick socks hasn't fixed.
Good solidly made soles. I've had a hard job finding good grippy soles that don't have Air cushions in stupid places, that usually just wear through, and leave you with wet feet very quickly.
So far I've had no leaks, and they've been well tested in all the recent snow and slush.
I won't hesitate to buy these boots again. Might just order another pair to make sure I have them on Standby!
HALF THE PRICE of the pair I was previously considering, and the best I've purchased in a Loooong time!

UPDATE: The above review was written 2 years ago, and more. I've just bought my second pair of these excellent boots, and after the sizing issues last time, I thought I'd go a size smaller, in the hope of being nearer the mark. I Can definitely say, if you're ordering these (and I hope you do) If you want Size 12, Order the 11s...As this pair is a perfect fit. Very happy, and I hope the have the ridiculous life span the last pair had!
VERY HAPPY 2ND TIME CUSTOMER!!
on 24 November 2008
Well fitting boot if you have wide feet and the arch is smaller than magnum boots.. Wears very well and light. Laces wore well too!
I needed a pair of boots that were sturdy enough to use when riding on a motorcycle and still be light enough to walk around in without crippling my feet. These are great, the construction of the boot is sturdy and yet the boot is flexible and light, the material keeps my feet warm even on the bike but they do allow a bit of ventilation. I feel like buying another pair just to keep a pair in reserve. I will, I feel, end up almost living in these boots during summer, ideal footwear for festivals.
on 4 November 2013
Was looking for a pair of boots for the coming winter and these have not failed to live up to expectations. The sizing is spot on and accomodate for wide feet. They are wonderfully warm and break in very easily. I've been wearing them for a week now and have had no blisters. They offer grest support. Since wearing them my plantar faciatis has improved greatly. All in all a cracking pair of boots.
Only down side is when they get wet they do get white marks on them but these eaily come off with a boot brush.
on 1 March 2009
Great boots so far, very comfortable and light.Excellent value for money so far and Amazon delivery great too as usual.
on 1 April 2015
I'd love to leave a positive review for this item as the boots are comfortable and really nice but... one of the metal "thingies" which are holding the laces came out after 2 days of use (nothing extreme - just walking through the city) , and it looks another one is going to come out soon. It's a pity because I've started to like this boots.
review image
on 16 April 2014
Best pair of boots ive ever purchased. Very waterproof as i was walking through a ditch filled with water. Feet were bone dry!
on 16 November 2014
I have always been very particular about the boots that I buy and a year ago, I would not have considered buying a pair of boots this cheap. I use these boots solely for my evening walk / cross country run across the moors with my dog and for 20 years I have always bought para boots, but over recent years, the quality of these has declined significantly.

By comparison, these boots are amazing! In the past I have had boots which have failed with just a few weeks wearing, but more than 9 months after buying them, having used them every single day, they barely show any signs of wear! I have replaced the laces, (but only recently) and do not polish them as often as I should, but with a brief clean, a good coat of wax and a quick buffing, they come up looking almost new. The soles show very little evidence of wear, despite having covered in the region of 1000 miles, mostly over rough, unforgiving terrain.

I would highly recommend these boots to anyone and will be buying another pair as spares - surely my current boots can't last forever... Can they?
on 28 October 2014
Bought these for my dad for Xmas, something he said he wanted following him going into retirement. Dad tried these on as I wanted them to be perfect ready for Xmas, to say he was an excited 60 something is an understatement. He was thrilled!!! They fit perfectly and as others had commented fabulously made. The reviews pushed me to buy these and they did not let me down!! Great product I have not found on the high street, great quality, brilliant price and fab present. Thanks
on 7 April 2016
Bought these boots in brown about 2 years ago as a light-weight walking boot, I have worn them nearly every weekend in all weather conditions. I walk in the Peak District so they regularly get covered in peat & mud. They are extremly comfortable & light. The grip on the sole is very good on all surfaces.They are not totally waterproof as you can imagine, however a few coats of a suitable wax proofer will increase the waterproofing, I use Leder Gris which goes on easy & is long lasting.
I would recommend them to anyone wanting a good comfortable walking boot & would definately buy another pair.