- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan; New edition edition (21 July 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1403971854
- ISBN-13: 978-1403971852
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.4 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 3,433,170 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The Future of Men Paperback – 21 Jul 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'The book should stimulate more than its share of water cooler conversations and trend-forecasting magazine articles.' - Publishers Weekly
Reviews for the hardback edition:
'We are at the end of the male market as we knew it. In this brilliant new book, major trends - critical for businesses marketing to men - are revealed. A new vision of what it means to be male is exposed.' - Sergio Zyman, author of The End of Marketing As We Know It and, most recently, Renovate Before You Innovate
'There is a change going on in how masculinity is defined. The Future of Men will be critical for anyone who needs to understand the trends that are shaping the new man.' - Lothar Reiff, Creative Director, Hugo Boss
'There's more to men these days than NASCAR Dads and Metrosexuals. In The Future of Men, Marian Salzman unlocks the secrets of marketing specifically to men with the kind of fresh insight and business savvy that proves the phrase 'If you want to know what a man really wants, ask a woman.' Anyone looking to transform their business will find not only an entertaining read here, but loads of practical advice.' - Faith Popcorn, author of Eveolution and the upcoming In Culture
From the Inside Flap
"We are at the end of the male market as we knew it. In this brilliant new book, major trends--critical for businesses marketing to men--are revealed. A new vision of what it means to be male is exposed."--Sergio Zyman, author of "The End of Marketing As We Know It "and, most recently, "Renovate Before You Innovate"
"There is a change going on in how masculinity is defined. "The Future of Men" will be critical for anyone who needs to understand the trends that are shaping the new man."--Lothar Reiff, Creative Director, Hugo Boss
Praise for "Next"
"Salzman and Matathia offer a dizzying snapshot of what our world might look like in the next five to ten years."--"Publishers Weekly" --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
It was smart, well written, and more importantly, it offers a new and useful perspective on a topic that I felt had been exhausted by the media. Men are typically stereotyped as sexist "bad boys", or pigeonholed as "metrosexuals". The rise of the "ubersexual", that these authors describe, is a welcome change from the media perspectives of the past decade.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Brands & Corporate Identity
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Sales & Marketing > Market Research
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Cultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Gender Studies