TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 April 2011
I know it isn`t really the last season, but they didn`t know that at the time did they? Bearing that in mind, this was a wonderful way to finish. It`s where all the promise of the (slightly flawed) first three seasons comes together; every character is developed and enough scenarios have been created to allow almost anything to happen. Importantly, by the fourth season we have an emotional investment in the main characters too, which allows sentiment, intelligence and top-class comedy to combine perfectly.

Season highlights for me are "Leela's Homeworld", the almost unbearably heart-wrenching "Jurassic Bark", "Crimes of the Hot", "The Sting", "Obsoletely Fabulous" - which is a brilliant insight into Bender`s view of the world, Treehouse-of-Horror-esque episodes "The Farnsworth Parabox" and "Three Hundred Big Boys", and the astonishingly inventive, inspired and ingenious closer, "The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings" - I happen to think that the Robot Devil is one of the greatest creations in comedy history so I`m biased, but what an amazing episode to finish with!

This is a fantastic culmination of the original run, and comparisons with other animated shows are not necessary; this is perfect all on it`s own.
VINE VOICEon 12 January 2007
Although, for now, this is the final season of Futurama and if anything it is better than anything that has gone before. I don't think that there is a duff episode among any of them. My favourite has to be the episode "Where no fan has gone before" a total send-up of Star Trek guest staring all the surviving cast from Star Trek: The Original Series with loads of Trek in-jokes. Futurama is definitely one of those shows that was killed off before its time and so I hope the rumours of new episodes are true. Anyone with a half decent sense of humour should watch this show.
on 8 May 2016
Both the jokes and Matt Groening's drawing style and 3D animations are great. It includes 4 full size dvd cases for just 4 discs. It's such a shame that futurama had to come to an end.

Much recommended!
on 24 August 2014
Deleted scenes add a few extra jokes that either weren't funny or were cut for time reasons. Storyboards and animation tests may interest some. Otherwise it's just what I expected and my only criticism is we really don't need to see copyright notices after every single episode.

The case for this edition is huge (4 full size dvd cases for just 4 discs) so I threw my cases away. If you're going to keep it in the box maybe another editon would save you some space.
on 29 August 2016
Season 4 of Futurama is AMAZING!!!! The packaging is AWESOME!!!! My fav episode EVER is in this season, 'Teenage mutant Leela's hurdles'. Very entertaining! I love every episode!
on 31 January 2014
I've always felt sorry for futurama, it's always been compared to the Simpsons when it's nothing like the Simpsons and it's not meant to be. Futurama is far funnier and more sophisticated. I am so sorry this show has ended, fans like me can't get enough and this box set has got me through many nights of insomnia! lol!
on 12 December 2003
OK, need I say more? This show is absolutely brilliant! The writing is unbelievable, second to none. I watch these episodes over and over and over...and am never sick of them! I cannot believe FOX cancelled this show. Their network execs are idiots of the highest order. I would have liked to had 10 more seasons of this show. If you have never seen this show (crazy) order it now!!! And let me just say one more time...BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!
One person found this helpful
on 13 March 2018
Great series
on 9 June 2012
This boxset has almost all my futurama favourtes.
It has more of the emotional episodes, so if you are looking for a real good laugh, maybe there are other boxsets.
The apprantly "ending of the series" episode is also here, which is also very touching.

Get this, it's not just good, it's really really good.
on 27 August 2006
They stopped at the fourth series just as it was beginning to get interesting. Like a lot of people I came to Futurama properly via DVD having only ever seen a few episodes and regarding it as the Simpsons'lesser siblings. That's my loss and I deserve all the raspberries from Futurama fans I get for ever thinking that. Nothing else to say but everything about this show is great.

Oh, and a hint: The last few minutes of Jurassic Bark are up there with the greatest ever committed to film or video. But have several tissues ready and prepare to weep buckets.
4 people found this helpful