on 21 April 2012
We all think we know about earthquakes and volcanoes, now I know differently. A very interesting and informative book well written and easily understood by mere mortals even if I cannot remember all the technical names. Now I am an expert ....
on 2 April 2013
As a student of physical geography, I am constantly seeking cheap books such as this one in order to add to the amount of material read for my course. Chester writes, in my opinion, the best material pertaining to volcanoes and their effects upon society. My one niggling criticism is that the title and cover are misleading, as the book is about a variety of subjects pertaining to tectonics and associated, rather than about volcanoes. Would recommend to a student or someone refreshing their memory on such subjects.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 27 November 2012
An informative and relevant book for those with and without a scientific background in this area. I found the historical perspective was good.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse