- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
The Fundamentals of Digital Art Paperback – 19 Nov 2007
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'This is a great book and a godsend for an intro digital media class ... The design is clean, the visuals are striking and the information is presented well.' - Joseph Von Stengel, Hartwick College, USA. 'Excellent book especially the link to contemporary thinking of art - a very different angle on digital art.' - Jane Souyave, University of Central Lancashire, UK. 'This title is helpful both as teacher reference for course structure/content as well as student reference for an unfamiliar art form ... a very thorough entry-level text.' - Ellen Quinn, Nwe Jersey City University, USA. 'A very good introduction into the area of digital art.' - Chris Golya, University of Portsmouth, UK. 'The time line introduction is handy ... interesting juxtapositions between artists and scientists, art and technology and some great examples.' - Fern Helfand, University of British Columbia, Canada. 'The book is very visual and broken into small chunks of information which is helpful as it encourages students to engage with it ... it helps to induct students into a variety of themes and ideas quickly...' - Garrett Lynch, University of Glamorgan, UK. 'Looks really thorough and wide-ranging and it's great to see it's no longer just focused on internet and digital installation art, but broader and looking at the processes and how to get started.' - Camille Baker, Brunel University, UK.
About the Author
Richard Colson is a senior reader in Digital Art at Thames Valley University, UK. He holds a BA in Fine Art from Goldsmiths College, UK and an MA in Electronic Arts from Middlesex University, UK. Richard has been working with computer systems for over 20 years and has exhibited his work at the Design Museum in London, the New York Digital Salon, the Deluxe Arts Gallery and Watermans Arts Centre in London. Richard has had one-man shows at Theo Waddington Fine Art Ltd. and at the Solomon Gallery, Dublin.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Art Issues
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Encyclopaedias
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Graphic Arts > Graphic Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Styles & Movements
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Lifestyle > Online Shopping > Amazon
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation