Functionalization of Graphene Hardcover – 23 Apr 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
All set to become the standard reference on the topic, this book covers the most important procedures for chemical functionalization, making it an indispensable resource for all chemists, physicists, materials scientists and engineers entering or already working in the field. Expert authors share their knowledge on a wide range of different functionalizations, including organic functional groups, hydrogen, halogen, biomolecules, other carbon nanostructures, metallic or metal oxide nanoparticles and polymers.
About the Author
Vasilios Georgakilas received his BSc in Chemistry in 1989 and his Ph.D in Organic Chemistry in 1998 from the University of Ioannina (Greece). He worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Trieste (Italy) with Professor Maurizio Prato (2000–2002), as Research Associate at the Institute of Materials Science of N.C.S.R. "Demokritos" in Greece (1999–2000 & 2003–2010) and as Chemist at the Institute of Food Hygiene (Ministry of Agriculture & Food Development–Greece) (2004–2012). In 2013 he was appointed as Assistant Professor in the Materials Science Department of the University of Patras (Greece). His research focuses on the functionalization of carbon nanostructured materials (fullerene, carbon nanotubes, graphene, C dots) for application in catalysis, bionanotechnology, nanoelectronics.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Mineralogy
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Physical Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Rocks, Minerals & Fossils
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Physics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Chemistry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics