on 14 June 2012
First of all the Amazon seller (Adorabilia) I bought this from was excellent and got it to me quicker than Amazon usually do, so full marks to them.

I wanted a smaller umbrella and this was relatively cheap so I suppose I wasn't expecting too much but the quality of some parts seem very cheap. The coating on the handle has already started to rub off on the first day and the button you use to put it up looks really cheap. It might last but if I bought again I'd definably go to a shop so I can see the quality. That said if it keeps me dry and lasts I can live with these irritations.

You get what you pay for, my other umbrella cost £40 last year and is a world away from this.
13 people found this helpful
on 6 December 2012
Nothing extraordinary about this unfortunately, but on the other hand it is better than the one I bought and binned in the same day from Marks and Spencer for the same money...

You won't be too disappointed for the money, but if you've taken the time to find a well respected manufacturer and buy online, I expect you wouldn't mind paying a bit more and getting a truly premium, bulletproof product... well this isn't it!

In particular the clasp that holds the umbrella up at the top is very flimsy, and it generally takes me a couple of attempts to get it to stay up.
One person found this helpful
on 7 January 2013
I paid a bit more for this because of the name and hoped it would be better than a cheapo brolly.

Wrong.

I've had to repair the brolly four times so far - approximately the number of times I've used it. The stiches come undone and the fabric is released from the spoke (yes, different ones each time) leading to the sewing kit being produced and a repair effected.

The fabric seems to be only vaguely waterproof too, heavy rain produces a fine mist under the brolly as it beats its way through the fabric.

Deluxe?

Would I buy it again?

8 people found this helpful
on 15 December 2011
I really like this umbrella, it fits into my handbag (although I think it is a men's umbrella) but it is quite strong but not huge, it deals with big down pours very well and fairly windy conditions. Good sturdy little job.
13 people found this helpful
on 17 December 2012
I have found this umbrella to be most unsatisfactory. First impressions were that the handle was small and uncomfortable, and the catch that held it up looked cheap and probably wouldn't last long.

Then after a couple of uses it started jamming when extending the shaft. Then the wind picked up and flipped it inside out. Over and over again. Not much fun.

Now when putting it up it opens inside-out half the time.

I had a different Fulton umbrella before that was amazing, but they discontinued it. This one is no substitute, and so my search continues...
4 people found this helpful
on 31 January 2014
I've had this umbrella a few months and first impressions were fairly good. The material is nicely hydrophobic and so doesn't get sodden in heavy rain and can often be shook dry. Unfortunately the frame didn't sit very snugly and so the top section rattled a bit when used. Whilst disappointing, this didn't appear to effect the sturdiness of the umbrella until a recent period of persistent wind and rain whereupon the top eventually detached entirely and could not be securely re-attached.
For anything more than occasional use I would recommend something stronger.
on 12 June 2013
I would not recommend this Umbrella to anyone. I purchased it based upon past experience with this brand. The model in question however is poor design/quality. I used the umbrella 5-6 times before it broke, and upon inspecting the break, the same place on all the other arms was showing the same stress on the metal. And sadly I only used this on light/medium rain/wind, so its not even the question of too much wind or abuse.
Size wise its not bad but a little on the small size, and it does look good, a shame it doesnt last.

Keep shopping and don't bother with this one!

I'm buying another "Fulton Windbreaker Men's Umbrella" A little bigger, but quality wise much better!
on 16 May 2013
Having had her handbag umbrella lost by our daughter, I bought this one for my waife as replacement.
All I can say is that although it is well made Fulton must cater exlusive for VERY small men. My wife is a size 10 and the actual umbrella itself is WAY too small for her.
It'll be alright in an emergency and would keep your head dry but your bum, legs and feet have no chance.
on 5 December 2013
I paid a fair amount of money for this umbrella, the price has come down a lot since I purchased it. I used it for the third time, it blew inside out, two of the arms broke. I expect an umbrella to be able to survive being blown inside out as it's not unusual for it to happen.
One person found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 12 May 2013
This was a replacement for a much loved Pierre Cardin foldaway umbrella, which finally stopped staying up. This was the nearest thing I could find. It is a bit heavier, and takes a while to unfold and fold away, but it basically works OK. A bit twitchy in strong winds, and one of the struts has bent a bit. But its still working.
2 people found this helpful