Full Throttle Mass Market Paperback – 1 Jan 1920
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A special commemorative photo edition of a stirring tribute to the American airmen who fought in Vietnam brings this little-discussed and often secret arena of the war into proper perspective, drawing from the experiences of three dozen former combatants. Reprint. K.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The biggest drawback to this book is the lack of a key to explain what all of the acronyms mean. You just have to read and hope that it comes up during the story. For example, the pilots mention several times about bombing the POLs. Finally, one pilot said that it meant Petroleum-Oil-Lubricants storage vessels. This book is told by pilots for pilots. However, if you have a passing interest in aviation you shouldn't have any problems with the acronyms. I was familiar with most but not all.
It's a good book and it met my needs as I am researching the War in 65 and 66 in the Mecong Delta.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Antiquarian, Rare & Collectable > By Publication Date > 1901-1950 > 1911-1920
- Books > Antiquarian, Rare & Collectable > By Subject > History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > History > Military History > Vietnam War
- Books > Reference > Directories
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence