on 3 October 2013
These are great quality leather. average width but on the small side size wise. Would recommend. I purchased at a reduced price through warehouse deals. Wouldn't be so happy with them at full price!
on 14 November 2012
These are lovely chunky biker-style boots, with a sensible sole. The smell of leather emanated from the box, which was nice, and reassuring. The leather looks like good quality and they are very well made. I was concerned as the picture of the boots on amazon showed the buckle without the Frye logo, and I'd compared this site with Selfridges', but these arrived and the buckles were fine. They look great, are comfortable but they are a bit wide, especially on the heel. I have to wear two pairs of socks with them or they rub like crazy and give blisters, and fall off my heel. I am size 8 and bought 8 and think that in terms of length they are about right (certainly with two pairs of socks!) My only "complaints" and they aren't really complaints, are the v of leather at the side at the top is a bit messily cut and sewn, but a bit of boot black sorted that. Also, and this is my fault for being tall - I'm 5'10 - the boots aren't knee-height (by at least 6") in model pictures on another site they looked higher and the model was apparently my height. The boots are very "distressed" (which is how the style is) and it makes them look grey, but I've been over them with boot black and they look lovely. More lovely. If you have wide feet (I'm average-narrow) you might need a bigger size. Getting them on and off is easy. They are quite heavy. I'm very happy. Oh, and the buckles are an antique gold/bronze colour. Hope this helps!
on 7 January 2013
I ordered these in black after I had worn my trusted (but cheap) black boots nearly to a pulp walking around Paris over Christmas. Obviously shopping on Oxford Street was out of the question as I don't have it in me to shove through people to try on subpar boots that probably won't fit. Ordering Frye boots online having never tried them on before was a bit of a gamble, but thanks to Amazon's simple (and excellent!) return policy I went for it. It paid off! I am a size 11 US and the 9 UK is often to small for me (I don't believe it is truly an 11 most of the time), but because Frye is a US company I trusted the size conversion would be in my favor - something to consider for Americans and Britons alike. I am 5'11" with 15-16 inch calves, and these fit me very well - not to mention they are sturdy, stunning and excellent quality. Something to consider: these boots fit quite snug at first but the leather loosens to adapt to your foot very quickly - the difference between the first time I put them on and the second was considerable! They were comfortable the first time I left my flat wearing them, within hours of their arrival! Anyway, I absolutely recommend these boots - especially if you want Frye's but aren't too crazy about all their riding-style boots (I think all of their boots are beautiful, some just don't quite fit my style) - these have a slightly edgier, but still universal vibe! Buy them, try them, LOVE them!
on 22 March 2013
As normally is the case next day delivery fro Amazon was prompt and faultless.

I love these boots! These are my second pair of Frye boots and if money permitted I would have a closet full of them. I bought these to replace a similar pair of Camper boots that have sadly finally reached the end of their life after about 3 years of hard use. I wear boots to work in all day and demand something that is very durable and comfortable, which is why I chose this pair of boots.

As can be expected with Frye, the quality of the boots is excellent and if looked after footwear that will last and last. My only tiny quibble is that the leather on the upper part of the boot is much thinner then the shoe/heel part and personally I think it would have been a nicer boot if the same weight of leather had been used as on my other pair of Frye boots. However, this is a very minor consideration and doesn't really detract from the quality of the boots and not worth the loss of a star. The important bit is the the soles and shoe part, which are hand finished to a very standard. They still look great and are very comfortable!

If you haven't purchased a pair of Frye boots before then it is worth noting that the sizing is very small. I am an size UK7 and ordered a UK8, which is just right and allows me to wear a pair of thick socks with the boots. They can also be on the narrow side as well. My feet are quite wide and this model are only just generous enough for my feet. That said the leather does give and already has eased on my boots.
on 9 December 2010
I bought these boots at full price (£280) and awaited their arrival eagerly. Imagine my disappointment when my UK size 6 boots were far too small - my foot barely fit into them WITHOUT socks! I ordered them in dark brown, but now see that they are not on offer in that colour in a UK size 7. Why is this? I can't avail of half sizes either. Very disappointing.
on 16 August 2010
I ordered these boots when on sale £120 ish. They are very well-made, beautiful boots, however they were very narrow. I wore them for 10 minutes around the house and was nearly crying when I took them off! Very disappointed and had to return them. Wonderful if you have slim feet!
on 6 February 2012
Received boots today. The boots look smooth and shinny in the picture, on opening the box it was disapointing to see they look very old, with whitish patches. It's ok if you like the worn look, but they look like I've had them for years already. Will be returning boots today.
on 17 October 2011
If you are looking for some biker boots in great leather, then these are for you! They are super comfortable and slouch as their name suggests. I sized up to a 7 after reading reviews and am glad I did. The boots fit comfortably with ordinary socks.
on 8 November 2012
Love these boots and have worn little else since they arrived. They do feel tight initially but stick with it an they will feel good. Would love if they were an inch or two longer but overall recommended!
on 27 July 2014
I'll start by saying that I love these boots! They look just as I expected considering I spotted them on a tv show. I already have a pair of Frye Carmen boots so it wasn't a surprise that the foot portion of the boots is very snug, particularly across the top of the foot. Just a point to consider if you have slightly wider feet, I have very narrow feet however I won't be wearing thick socks with these until they stretch out a bit. They look less slouchy in the image than in real life but they are still quite slim fitting so they won't be falling down. The sole is really sturdy but I'll need to see how well these stand up against the ice in winter. These are true to size (length wise).