Customer reviews

Frugal Living For Dummies
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.49

on 8 March 2004
As frugal living books go this one isn't bad. It goes right back to basics without being too patronising and is peppered with easy-to implement ideas, although nothing the hardened home economist hasn't probably already tried or at least encountered. Most of it is "common sese for dummies" but seeing it in black & white does make it easier to implement, especaily if you are just starting down the cost-cutting route. It is written from the American point of view & applies to the American way of living first, however I think there is consideration for the UK based reader and most of what is written can be easily applied either directly or with only very minor adaptation.
In short, nothing that can't be gleaned from the many free internet sites if you are prepared to look for them, otherwise a very good starter guide for all-in-one reference.
While this book certainly has its heart in the right place, I'd advise you to steer well clear of this one! If you are sincere about the desire to embrace a frugal way of life (during these trying times of national hardship and poverty) you will want to note the fact that the equivalent book in the "Idiots' Guide" series typically goes for about 20 pence cheaper.
on 26 September 2013
I was a little disappointed with this book, and thought it would have great ideas. I guess I probably expected too much. But it does have some good ideas.
on 6 October 2014
Very good quality product. Fairly priced. Good value for money is what I always demand. What more could one ask for?
on 15 August 2011
This book is indeed a reference for us all.Although this is mainly for the American market , with common sense you can adapt it to the UK way of life.This is on my simple living/frugality shelf of my bookcase and I do refer to it often.It is definetely the go to book and is the basis of frugal living.Thank you Deborah Taylor-Hough for putting common sense in to a readable format.Using her ideas we are debt free!!!that is a 5* in my opinion.The Tightwad Gazette( also an American author)is also on the shelf with it .These are easy pick up and read snippets book that have changed my families life for the better.In these economic times any help is welcome and this book is the basis to getting out of debt or not getting in it in the first place.