on 16 November 2011
There comes a time in everyone's life when disaster strikes. Sometimes it's disappointment with your best friend's decision. Sometimes it's a financial mishap that leaves you feeling less than flush. Sometimes it's a career decision that makes you wonder why you ever left school. Sometimes it's a romantic encounter than leaves you wondering if you were ever meant for anything more than your last fantasy. And sometimes it's a technical glitch that reminds you why your surname is neither Jobs nor Gates.

The aforementioned disaster refers to a much larger incident: the fact that my 3rd Kindle (yes, my 3rd) died in the middle of Frothy Coffee Stories, and I - seemingly at the time - had no way to retrieve these stories, stories that were not only helping ease my daily Tube journey to and from work, but were providing me a form of companionship.

Many years ago, long before the advent of e-readers, I accidentally left a novel I'd been reading in the front seat pocket of a plane on a flight back from the US. The novel I remember well. The ending, of course, I don't, since my jet-lagged, complimentary-gin-and-tonic-addled brain had completely forgotten that I'd been carrying anything more than a bag of duty free and a carry on suit bag. I alighted the plane without my book. This meant that, to this day, I still don't know how that story drew to a close.

Thankfully, modern technology doesn't normally allow for such mishaps - although it took me a while to figure this out. When my Kindle decided to freeze on the Jane Austen screen saver that dreary Tuesday morning on the Northern Line, my heart sank: not only did that mean having to contact Amazon yet again for another replacement Kindle, but, more importantly, it meant I couldn't finish reading this eclectic collection of surprise-ending tales. That is until I realised that my e-books had automatically downloaded to my phone.

My daily commute was saved!

So too was my curiosity, as I'd been reading a story about a woman who'd taken in a family that had become far too much for her. Without knowing the ending of that story when my Kindle died, I began to imagine the eventual outcome. Nothing could prepare me for the actual ending, however. Once I'd discovered that my Kindle downloads were synced with my phone, I was able to finish that particular story - with its surprise ending - along with the remaining stories in this must-have book.

One of my favourite writers is O. Henry. I love his sense of humour, his uncanny ability to capture the human spirit, and, of course, his surprise endings. Tabitca encapsulates the spirit of O. Henry perfectly, in all respects.

My advice to you, dear reader, is to download this book to all your e-reading devices. I'm not necessarily saying that your Kindle will kick the bucket (as mine did 3 times), but you don't want to be in a situation where you aren't able to read these stories. That would be devastating.

I'm a bit slow with this review, as I read this collection a couple of months ago. But re-reading and re-reading again take time, whether on my iPhone, my laptop or on my 4th Kindle.

Enjoy!
on 10 January 2014
Really liked these short stories sometimes at night you just want to read a few stories where you get the ending very quickly would recommend this to someone who wants to complete their stories in one session rather than over two or three nights.
on 13 March 2013
Even for a slow reader such as myself, each of these short stories only took a matter of minutes to read. I enjoyed all of the stories & hope that Tabitca Cope will publish another set of 'shorts' in the future
on 16 April 2013
Not really my thing to be honest. Some of the stories were thought provoking and I liked the twist in a couple of them, but I'm afraid it's not the sort of thing I would buy again.
on 1 March 2012
This intriguing, gentle collection of short stories is a delight from start to finish. As a great fan of 'Tales with a Twist', this was a treat of a read for me. Spanning a variety of subjects, the title 'Frothy Coffee Stories' sums up the collection perfectly; delicious, light-hearted and once you have sampled one, you long to try another.
on 25 October 2017
Easy reading . Pleasant stories which.bring a smile to your face with minimal effort.
Very good indeed worth a read
on 6 October 2011
Thought I would sit down with a cup of coffee to peruse Frothy Coffee Stories. Should have made a pot of coffee because once I started reading, I couldn't stop!

All the stories were imaginative and well written. I really enjoyed each and every one of them and hope that there will be many more written by Tabitca in the future (Pleeease!)
on 11 May 2014
few minutes. Would recommend to anyone who wants to escape the gossip of the office, and the stories are not always what they seem.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Not to bad and I am not even a coffee drink I might latys
So I would say read more of them
on 4 January 2016
could have been much better.