on 30 October 2009
I was very disappointed with this book, for the simple reason that I bought it for information on Curacao. But the first 150 pages (of 200) are about Aruba. Curacao and Bonaire are tacked on the end, minimally, as afterthoughts. I'm sure it's very handy if you want info about Aruba. Otherwise, it's virtually useless. I'm annoyed, because I wouldn't have bought it had I known. I feel mis-led.

Don't anyone else make the same mistake!
on 13 November 2010
I bought this book after I had a holiday booked to Curacao - it was pretty much the only travel book available. Only when I received the book did I realise it was a guide for Aruba - oh, and if you feel like visiting Curacao or Bonaire, here's a couple of pages about those "other" islands. The book has 206 pages, 129 pages devoted to Aruba. The guide is probably ok for Aruba, but next to useless for Curacao.
on 26 February 2011
I ordered this book as it is one of the few with tips regarding Bonaire.
Although the book is up to date and well documented, it is mainly aimed at the island of Aruba.
The research is well done but gives the impression to be mainly aimed at the American market.
Being Dutch, I know the other islands are well worth a visit as well.
on 17 April 2013
I found that this guide informative for Aruba and I'm sure that it will be useful when we visit Aruba in a few months. I feel quite comfortable that it gives enough guidance for us to hire a car and get out to see some of the island.

I believe I am right in saying that Aruba is the main island of the three and gets the most visitors. Therefore, it is right that the other islands being less visited (and I presume have less to see) get less coverage.

Frommers guides do have a bias towards the American traveler in some words and terminology used, as well as giving more information for that market. Frommers are published in the USA. Even so, with a little "translation" they work fine for the English speaking UK visitor! I always buy Frommers guides if I can - they are the best.

Don't be put off by other reviewers if your prime visit is to Aruba - the coverage is good and well written.
on 6 February 2013
A small book with a wealth of information ... but it can be hard work at times.
To break up the information, and make it easier to digest, a few photographs, maps or diagrams would be very helpful.
Good value, but a few of the above mentioned modifications would make it even better.
on 28 February 2013
Reasonable product delivered on time. However, it seemed a little out of date and was maybe from an earlier print run.

Supported us on a one week visit to all three islands
on 6 October 2010
Buy this as well as the Fodors guide to Aruba, as it is quite informative, but if you just want one book on the island, then the Fodors 2010 is slightly better than this.
on 27 July 2015
Very limited coverage of the island we needed. (Curaçao).
on 20 February 2016