Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
Frommer's Arizona 2004 (Frommer's Complete Guides) Paperback – 24 Oct 2003
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer. And avoid tourist traps. At Frommers, we use 150 outspoken travel experts around the world to help you make the right choices. Frommers. Your guide to a world of travel experience. Choose the Only Guide That Gives You: Detailed reviews of all the best golf courses and resorts. Outspoken opinions on whats worth your time and whats not. Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip no matter what your budget. Off–the–beaten–path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions. The best hotels and restaurants in every price range, with candid reviews.
About the Author
Karl Samson and Jane Aukshunas , husband–and–wife travel–writing team, find that the sunny winter skies of the Arizona desert are the perfect antidote to the dreary winters of their Pacific Northwest home. Each winter, they flee the rain to explore Arizona′s deserts, mountains, cities, and small towns. It is the state′s unique regional style, Native American cultures, abundance of contemporary art, and, of course, boundless landscapes that keep the duo fascinated by Arizona. Summers find the team researching their other books, including Frommer′s Washington, Frommer′s Oregon , and Frommer′s Seattle & Portland .
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
- A description of some of the roads is critical because some of the roads are either dirt roads and/or very steep and winding roads. This is very true in the Prescott/Jerome area, as well as in and around Sedona. In some locations a 4 wheel drive vehicle is a must. With this information travelers can choose a self-guided adventure or a local tour. The "How to Get There" sections need to incorporate this information. Routes may be direct, but that doesn't mean they are easily traveled.
- Additional website information will help travelers do additional research before they arrive.
- Some of the areas in AZ are frequent tourist destinations and the prices reflect that. I learned from hotel staffers and other locals where more reasonably priced goods could be purchased.
- AZ is a great location for an outdoors person, but in certain locations, supermarkets, for example, are few and far between. It would be helpful to have information about where to buy food and outdoor gear for those interested in day trips.
- AZ is also a growing time share location. It's useful to know this in advance for two reasons: 1. To be prepared when a vendor approaches you and tries to persuade you using various incentives to hear his/her spiel. 2. How to take advantage of these offers. Time share information booths have great information about local tours and can and will offer complimentary tours if you hear their pitch. Even if you don't listen to their sales routine, you can still get free maps and other information about local tours, events and transportation at these locations
Other things about this book. The Grand Canyon section was very good.
I will still buy Frommer's guidebooks, but this one wasn't up to their usual standard.