on 6 May 2015
Captain Reilly was an engaging and realistic chharcter in the first two books. However I found that in this fantasy takes over from reality and it detrcted from the book for me. I deleted it about a third of the way through. Originally Reilly gave a pilots eye view of airlines and what itwas like to work for them. The cogs behind the daily schedules. In some ways it was a little like Air babylon but less nesty towards the passenegrs. The costs of becoming a pilot and the travails of maintaining a qualification were susprising.

In this book railly is involved in with the Russian Mafia and it does not really gel with his previous wrokaday character. OK he is allagedly blackmailed into the job but I just could not feel that it was the same Reilly who worried about his marriage and kids and regretted being tempted by an air hostess. His compadre, Rivers, is a Donald Sutherland like character who I found was more irritating than engaging.
on 1 February 2016
Same as the two previous books: engaging, but some malfunctions. My impression was this book was harried up. Some parts were written on the go or asleep. May be just in my kindle edition, some words were misplaced or out, or confused. I've lost the trail couple of times on these. Nevertheless it could not destroy the great author. I am still feeling it is a woman who is a professional writer, not a pilot, but a close friend of. May be, it is a strong influence from an editor: 'she with the red pen' - was written on jtoneil.com? Never mind I would go for another book like this. My English has improved and my jokes are more fun to others after I read 3+ books by the author. It's been a wonderful time together. Sadly, an innocent and beautiful A319 was murdered at the end. But will it revive in the next chapter?
on 16 August 2013
I waited patiently for this installment in John Reilly's chequered career and the end result made the wait worth while! Like other reviewers, I was heavily involved in committing aviation and this is exactly the sort of book which appeals to pilots or indeed to anyone with a passing interest in aviation. It is funny, absorbing and fast moving. Excellent stuff JT and highly recommended.

Allen M.

Skytrucker: Incidents, accidents and romantic attachments gathered over forty years in Aviation
on 26 December 2013
I read this book in a single sitting as I normally do with this authors books. It was very good and contained all of the humour you are used to which made me laugh out loud... This book is a little less believable than the last two (culminates in a shootout at 35,000ft over Russia with mobsters) but still an extremeley good read. I would reccommend to anyone who enjoys flying. A word of warning, this is quite an adult book in some places - not for the younger reader!
on 4 July 2014
Being a professional pilot, I enjoyed the first book in this series, I enjoyed the second book slightly less and should have probably seen the writing on the wall! This might be one of the worst books I've ever read and one of only a handful I couldn't be bothered to finish!
on 17 April 2016
its as if th author ran out of material then started to make it up.
on 28 June 2013
Another humorous offering by "J.T. O'Neil", however this book takes a much different approach from the previous two. Whereas the first two books were written much more in the style of a "blog" of the author, this takes on more of a story which is not altogether believable. Still an enjoyable read though. When is the next instalment?
on 26 July 2015
3rd book in the series - look out for the complete set as one book and save
on 18 October 2015
Quite a good read but got a little unbelievable.
on 16 February 2014
Followed this book as the third of the Captain Reilly books. Nothing startling but goes on too long while the plot gets more absurd.