on 12 April 2010
I originally bought this book expecting it to be a non-fiction book that the children I teach could use and look at in the classroom. Therefore, I was shocked and intially disappointed when I realised it was a story book. However, I will have live caterpillars in the classroom so this story will still be used, albeit in a different way, to reinforce the life cycle of the butterfly.
on 9 May 2009
This is a wonderful resource to accompany the practical view of watching caterpillars grow into butterflies. E Guy
on 27 July 2011
This book we bought alongside a butterfly growing set from insect lore and it complimented it so well :-) Wonderful illustrations too, we were very pleased with our purchase!
on 2 May 2014
Bought this for my 4yr old grand-daughter alongside a container of caterpillars and an Insect Lore butterfly garden. It was really appropriate for her going through all the stages. After a couple of reads she could tell me about metamorphosis. Great book to use in schools or at home whilst using the caterpillar kit mentioned above.
on 22 October 2014
I bought this together with a butterfly house and with caterpillars and food. Terrific present altogether for the whole family to see never mind kids of any age, A natural magic thing to live with and see before your very eyes. A much loved present the whole set sold by amazon.
on 23 June 2010
I really like the way the information was presented in this book. Very easy to read and put in a simple enough way for children in Year 1 to understand. Lovely illustrations. A great resource to use to teach Year 1 children about the life cycle of a butterfly.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 April 2012
I bought this for a 4 year old to accompany Butterfly Pavilion. It works as a story as well as an educational book which makes the life cycle of butterflies clear as well as entertaining. Nicely illustrated too. Very good.
on 27 September 2013
I got this for my 7 year old grandaughter and she loved watching the caterpillars grow into butterflies. She was sad to have to let them go though as she had named them all.
on 6 April 2014
Book is very long for children of preschool. Age but they enjoy looking at the pictures. This book has good images which are big bold and bright
on 6 May 2013
Good book to accompany the butterfly garden. Explains things simply so that early years and foundation stage can understand the life cycle.