Customer reviews

on 11 October 2013
I read this book in a night while fishing. I first read it many moons ago. Maybe the newer carpets won't connect with just how hard carping was 20years ago, but us oldies do. Well worth a read, great book.
on 7 June 2014
Despite not being the habitual carp fisher I once was, Tim Paisley remains one of my favourite authors. This book is extremely hard to get hold of in its original form and when they do come up for auction they are quite pricy so, good on him and his publishers for getting it back out there!
I presumed the photos would lose some impact on my Kindle paper white but they are good enough to convey their original intent.
It's the words though that prompted me to get this and its as good a read now, 20 years on and despite all the development in carp and coarse fishing that's happened since, as it was when I read this back in the 90s.
I'm very pleased to have it back in my possession (I borrowed the original hardback) and found it hard to put down at times but, like a rod and reel with line peeling off the spool, extremely pleasurable to pick up!
The hardship of winter carping is beautifully and painfully described and the ridiculous pleasure we get from 5 mins of rod bending action is conveyed in Tim's easy reading style.
Thoroughly recommended.
on 1 February 2016
I enjoyed the book as it was a great insight into what happened during this period of his life, and what drove him. Not really what I was expecting.
on 9 August 2014
Easy to read. Rather self indulgent, but good to keep the appetite whetted for your next session. I think l,'ll go Sunday!
on 14 March 2015
Great read for any carp enthusiast
on 24 April 2013
inspirational read, makes you want to get the rods out and get fishing, easy read would recomend to any angler especially carp anglers who enjoy session fishing