- Also check our best rated Oven reviews
Frigidaire Fclrc15/h 1.5ltr Rice Cooker With Tempered Glass Lid
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The FCL-RC15 is a Rice Cooker from Frigidaire. It is an easy way to cook rice with stability to steam vegetables too. It has 1.5 litre capacity. It has a non-stick removable rice bowl and steamer tray. It has a tough tempered glass lid with a stainless steel rim. It automatically shuts off after the rice is cooked. It has a cool touch handle so no more hot burns while holding the cooker.
Color : White.
Tempered glass lid.
Removable cooking pot.
Cool touch handle.
Automatic shut off.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Whatever amount you cook, rice will always stick and burn on the bottom. You can't successfully cook less than two full cups of rice with this cooker. Always put water in at least up to the 2-cup level on the side of the bowl. If in doubt add more. Take the rice out of the bowl and transfer it immediately after the cooker switches from cook to warm!
Contrary to other reviews, and never mentioned in the useless instructions: the bowl is NOT dishwasher proof and harsh dishwasher detergent will damage it. The bowl should be cleaned straight after use with a handwash dish detergent and washing up brush. Soak the bowl in soapy hot water while you eat, then clean the bowl with the brush once it has soaked for over 30 mins. This will make it much easier to clean.
I would advise spending a little bit more on a non-stick rice cooker that will cook and warm rice properly. This isn't really worth the price I'm afraid. Poor show Frigidaire!
1. Supplied in my box was, the rice cooker, a bowl, a glass lid, a plastic stirrer spoon and a measuring cup.
2. Non-Stick. This isn't the expensive non-stick, once you have made your rice, some will have stuck to the bottom, such it the way, leave it a bit and it will release. The fact it DOES release is why they can call it non-stick, i.e. you don't have to go at it with a brillo pad to remove it, but its not wipe and its gone non-stick like say a tefal pan.
3. The instructions do say to leave the rice 15 minutes AFTER it switches from cook to warm, this does help the rice release from the base and I definately advise you follow the instructions for best results.
4. Its stupidly simple to use and clean and it makes the BEST rice.
You can use this for more than just a bit of plain old rice, bung in a few peas or bits of sweetcorn (don't overload it as it will not be able to switch from cook to warm if its too heavy due to the way rice cookers work!) add your own herbs and spices for all kind of different rices or just bung in a crumbled stock cube (four+ servings or reduce the amount) for some extra flavour with minimal effort.
I have found I can pop a frozen chicken breast on top of the rice and it still cooks enough rice for one person and steams the chicken breast all at once and the warm function still works, so that saves on pots and pans and is a very healthy meal in to the bargain.
This replaces a previous model which I found I was unable to live without, so I am glad to have another, this one of course looks much nicer with the frigidaire retro logo on the front and also has a better stirrer spoon.
Why not make some japanese rice and get some seaweed and make your own sushi? Many supermarkets have the ingredients now. As I say lots of options and this is ridiculously cheap and a lot easier to use and clean than getting the whole steamer out with all its trays and bits and bobs, especially for one person.
1. This size is suitable for a family of four but probably too large if there's only two of you - go for a 0.8l model unless you cook a lot for other people.
2. The pan does not have a non-stick coating so at least half a portion of rice ends up stuck to the bottom of the pan. We realized what a difference it makes when we replaced it with a non-stick model.
3. The ricecooker simply stopped working after 6 months of regular use. Until then it worked reasonably well apart from the rice sticking to the bottom.
In summary I would not buy this product again. Even at this price I would expect it to last longer. We replaced it with a John Lewis branded 0.8l model which comes with a 2 year warranty and a non-stick pan - much better!
I returned it and got a Brevill one from Argos ( it was on offer at half price) for a couple of quid more.
I cannot recommend this item at all. It is cheap and cheerful.
Most recent customer reviews
and not very efficient in cooking leaves rice wet but quick.