- Also check our best rated Oven reviews
Frigidaire Fclrc15/h 1.5ltr Rice Cooker With Tempered Glass Lid
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers also shopped for
The FCL-RC15 is a Rice Cooker from Frigidaire. It is an easy way to cook rice with stability to steam vegetables too. It has 1.5 litre capacity. It has a non-stick removable rice bowl and steamer tray. It has a tough tempered glass lid with a stainless steel rim. It automatically shuts off after the rice is cooked. It has a cool touch handle so no more hot burns while holding the cooker.
Color : White.
Tempered glass lid.
Removable cooking pot.
Cool touch handle.
Automatic shut off.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Supplied in my box was, the rice cooker, a bowl, a glass lid, a plastic stirrer spoon and a measuring cup.
2. Non-Stick. This isn't the expensive non-stick, once you have made your rice, some will have stuck to the bottom, such it the way, leave it a bit and it will release. The fact it DOES release is why they can call it non-stick, i.e. you don't have to go at it with a brillo pad to remove it, but its not wipe and its gone non-stick like say a tefal pan.
3. The instructions do say to leave the rice 15 minutes AFTER it switches from cook to warm, this does help the rice release from the base and I definately advise you follow the instructions for best results.
4. Its stupidly simple to use and clean and it makes the BEST rice.
You can use this for more than just a bit of plain old rice, bung in a few peas or bits of sweetcorn (don't overload it as it will not be able to switch from cook to warm if its too heavy due to the way rice cookers work!) add your own herbs and spices for all kind of different rices or just bung in a crumbled stock cube (four+ servings or reduce the amount) for some extra flavour with minimal effort.
I have found I can pop a frozen chicken breast on top of the rice and it still cooks enough rice for one person and steams the chicken breast all at once and the warm function still works, so that saves on pots and pans and is a very healthy meal in to the bargain.
This replaces a previous model which I found I was unable to live without, so I am glad to have another, this one of course looks much nicer with the frigidaire retro logo on the front and also has a better stirrer spoon.Read more ›
It looks good in the kitchen,and works very well. Nice one !!!
1. This size is suitable for a family of four but probably too large if there's only two of you - go for a 0.8l model unless you cook a lot for other people.
2. The pan does not have a non-stick coating so at least half a portion of rice ends up stuck to the bottom of the pan. We realized what a difference it makes when we replaced it with a non-stick model.
3. The ricecooker simply stopped working after 6 months of regular use. Until then it worked reasonably well apart from the rice sticking to the bottom.
In summary I would not buy this product again. Even at this price I would expect it to last longer. We replaced it with a John Lewis branded 0.8l model which comes with a 2 year warranty and a non-stick pan - much better!
I returned it and got a Brevill one from Argos ( it was on offer at half price) for a couple of quid more.
I cannot recommend this item at all. It is cheap and cheerful.
After using this rice cooker 10 or 12 times it just stopped working. It wouldnt switch on.
If that hadnt have happened i would still have been very dissapointed because the pan is not none stick. Every time you cook rice you have a massive task of washing the pan as the rice always sticks to the pan. When you eat rice as much as my family does this is unbearable.
I seem to be struggling with rice cookers - they generally only last a year (brevill was nice, ainsley harriot was ideal for smaller portions) abd they were all in the £20 to £40 price range. Im struggling to decide which one to buy next...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Lasted just a few weeks and it stopped working.Published on 18 Mar. 2015 by Anionwe Chikezie Herbert
Rice always have this horrible metal taste when cooked in this devicePublished on 4 Feb. 2015 by Marina Abaurrea
The recipient is trying it out, after hearing very good reports of it from others - we await the outcomePublished on 10 Jan. 2013 by MR BRIAN BEVERIDGE
Not bad once you get used to it, but don't expect this to be a timesaver in the kitchen. The time you save cooking will be spent cleaning the cheap and nasty aluminium bowl. Read morePublished on 12 April 2012 by jimxant
A very good cooker, I was a bit sceptical about buying a rice cooker but I would recommend this one to friends and family. Holds enough cooked rice for a family of 4. Read morePublished on 18 Feb. 2012 by kkivora
We are delighted with the Frigidaire Rice Cooker which produces perfect rice every time. Particularly useful is the non stick bowl which was the reason we chose this item. Read morePublished on 8 Feb. 2012 by Brian John
The Frigidaire rice cooker seemed to be great the first time i used it, then the second time i used it the warm light diden't work, then when i went to use it the next time it... Read morePublished on 6 Feb. 2012 by Annie Payne
Too big for 4 or less people!
and not very efficient in cooking leaves rice wet but quick.