- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Find all the best television shows from the other side of the pond in our US TV store and catch the latest shows in our 2014's Hottest TV page.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Friends - Season 1-10 Complete Collection (15th Anniversary) [DVD] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£45.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Celebrate the 15 year anniversary of one of TV's most successful show ever with this Friends Season 1 -10 box set, featuring more extras than you can shake a smelly cat at.
Popular American sitcom Friends first appeared on our screens back in 1994, to little fanfare. The show followed the lives of six twenty-something singles--Monica (Courtney Cox), Rachel (Jennifer Aniston), Phoebe (Lisa Kudrow), Joey (Matt LeBlanc), Ross (David Schwimmer), and Chandler (Matthew Perry)--who occupied a trendy New York loft apartment. These were essentially six beautiful people who had probably never known a hard day's work in their lives, and whose every utterance was a well-crafted witticism. But despite their idealized lifestyles and perfectly coiffed hairdos, there was something annoyingly endearing about them. Viewers could easily relate to their struggles with work, sex, and relationships because these were universal struggles - albeit heightened for comedic effect. From early on it was clear that Friends had successfully tapped into the zeitgeist of its time, and now, 10 series down the line, the show's broad appeal continues to live on in popular culture. This box set contains every episode from season 1 to 10.
A US sitcom behemoth with a global brand, Friends shot out of the gate in 1994 with snappy writing and an attractive cast. The exploits of sensitive paleontologist Ross Geller (played by David Schwimmer), his obsessive-compulsive sister Monica Geller (Courteney Cox, now Cox-Arquette); Monica's roommate Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston), a spoiled rich girl trying to live on her own; earthy aromatherapist/masseuse Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow); and Monica's neighbours across the hall -- sarcastic Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry) and his struggling actor roommate Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc) became a nationwide obsession, spawned pop-culture trends (remember "The Rachel" haircut?) and was a ratings hit for its entire run.
The first two seasons were mostly centered on the on-off saga of Ross and Rachel, and while their relationship remained a strong presence through romantic rivals and even a baby, the other characters eventually moved from sideshow players into a shared comedic lead. But Friends was not without its heart. Most of the cast had dysfunctional relationships with their parents and went through loss, divorce, marriage, parenthood, and love triangles. The emotional pregnancies of Rachel (by Ross) and Phoebe (surrogate to her half-brother's triplets) won the actresses Emmy Awards, and Joey's tender feelings for Rachel in Season 8 won LeBlanc, the most improved actor in the series, a nomination.
Most sitcoms run out of ideas by the fifth season, but Friends gave itself a refreshing jolt the minute Monica and Chandler wound up in bed together. Their budding romance was not only the one of the funniest plot arcs of the series, but one of the most sentimental, as they planned a wedding, struggled to have a child and eventually turned to adoption. By seasons seven and onwards, the characters had each "grown up" from young singletons to thirtysomethings finding permanence in their careers and love lives but never losing the laughs.
Friends featured a parade of celebrity guests, but utilised most of the stars as more than mere cameos: The sextet's parents were all brilliantly cast, particularly Kathleen Turner as Chandler's drag-queen father and Teri Garr as Phoebe's dizzy mom. Everyone from George Clooney to Sean Penn to Julia Roberts to Bruce Willis has appeared on the sitcom, and Tom Selleck certainly enjoyed a career resuscitation after his recurring role as Monica's older man.
Yet, no star power ever penetrated the bond between the six stars and their unmatchable chemistry worked for ten seasons. Even though the show is probably repeated somewhere in the world every day, this boxed set of Friends remains watchable over and over again -- even if that theme song eventually grates on your nerves! --Sally Giles --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product Description
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) All episodes are the extended US versions which means some people who have the single DVD versions won't have this.
2) Each Series box contains 4 single sided DVDs which is a major plus. Previously the series was put on double sided DVDs and the labelling wasn't very clear. Now you get 4 discs per series.
3) In addition to the episodes for each series you get extras on every single disc. I won't describe each one as they are listed on the Amazon product page. However, die hard Friends fans will be pleased to see that you get some great extras such as my favourites which are:-
Gag Reels from series 1-4 and 6-10 (not sure what happened to series 5)
Interactive Trivia game
An hour long behind the scenes documentary
The Friends stars thoughts as the final series comes to a close.
4) You also receive a nice Episode guide book. The book details each episode with a description and pictures. You also get an additional few pages at the back detailing some of the more famous props.
5) The DVDS come with Dutch and English subtitles.
My overall opinion is that this box set is well priced and an absolute must have. The box set isn't too bulky so fits nicely in with other DVDs and also looks particularly nice in its presentation box.
If you are a fan then order yourself one today....you won't regret it!
These are the things I think are great about the 15th Anniversary Collection:
- There are lines and whole scenes I haven't seen before! This keeps me watching it like I was when I hadn't seen it before because you don't know when there will be a scene they didn't air in UK, only in US maybe.
- It comes in a cute little white box! Very neat as the seasons are each in a normal sized DVD box and they lie lengthways in the white box. It's very tidy.
- There is an Episode Guide book! It has a whole synopsis at the beginning explaining what Marta Kauffman and David Crane had originally thought the show would be! So when you read it you can see the changes they made to the details as they went! It's very interesting.
It also has synopses of each episode like normal editions would, but has photos too, and at the back it has descriptions and explanations of some of the props that were important in particular episodes!
I have never bought a proper box set of DVDs before, but I was struck by the quality of it and how neatly it is organised.
Don't hesitate! It is fantastic value and you will not be disappointed!
But at least for me, that omission is well made up for by the fact they have produced actual 16:9 versions of all episodes, instead of giving us 1080p transfers of the 4:3 original broadcast. And we're not saying they simply cut a 16:9 mask out of the 4:3 broadcast edit's frame; they appear to have gone back to the original 35mm and made new 16:9 edits. Meaning you're literally seeing more of the set and scene in frame than the 4:3 broadcast edit showed. And it's awesome.
For what it's worth, most of the extras (gag reels, interviews and clips of memorable guest stars, etc.) are still only DVD 480p quality and 4:3.
I did not expect that the Blu-ray version of a show running from 1994 - 2004 was going to go back and produce actual 16:9 versions of a show that didn't broadcast that way. I cannot overstate what a pleasure it is to watch this great show in such improved definition. One can only hope that a certain show with Will, Grace, Jack and Karen will follow this example one day in producing a Blu-ray release.
Having FRIENDS in HD is fantastic but you get more for your money on DVD. I am lucky because I only paid £90 for this Blu Ray box set (AMAZON) but everywhere have now raised the price to £120.
I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying this becuase the picture is brilliant especially on season 1 but I wish I had saved my money and stuck with the 15th Anniversary Edition on DVD.
If the Blu Ray had the Extended episodes then this would have 5 Stars but because it hasn't 3 Stars
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Who doesn't love Friends? If you don't then hang your head in shame! I purchased this as I have for a long time wanted my own copy of the the full collection on Blu-Ray, it came up... Read morePublished 1 day ago by isn2011
I don't think you need to hear more about how Friends is a great show.
But something about the set. Read more
Bought it for a FRIENDS lover. It is well packed and presented. She still watch it again and again from time to time.Published 14 days ago by Ming Yu LIM
Bought as a present for somebody else. They love it. Not sure about some of the other reviews for this product as I have never watched the show. Read morePublished 16 days ago by David Matthews
Ordered it in the evening and came in less than 24 hours. Very impressed.Published 18 days ago by Samuel Vella
Working our way through these. Just such a clever series. Every episode entertains! !!! So glad we bought these.Published 20 days ago by Mrs R.