Friends - The Complete Series 1-10 [DVD] 
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Celebrate the 15 year anniversary of one of TV's most successful show ever with this Friends Season 1 -10 box set, featuring more extras than you can shake a smelly cat at.
Popular American sitcom Friends first appeared on our screens back in 1994, to little fanfare. The show followed the lives of six twenty-something singles--Monica (Courtney Cox), Rachel (Jennifer Aniston), Phoebe (Lisa Kudrow), Joey (Matt LeBlanc), Ross (David Schwimmer), and Chandler (Matthew Perry)--who occupied a trendy New York loft apartment. These were essentially six beautiful people who had probably never known a hard day's work in their lives, and whose every utterance was a well-crafted witticism. But despite their idealized lifestyles and perfectly coiffed hairdos, there was something annoyingly endearing about them. Viewers could easily relate to their struggles with work, sex, and relationships because these were universal struggles - albeit heightened for comedic effect. From early on it was clear that Friends had successfully tapped into the zeitgeist of its time, and now, 10 series down the line, the show's broad appeal continues to live on in popular culture. This box set contains every episode from season 1 to 10.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- These are extended episodes, I have a very good memory and know where scenes exist that didn't before. I'd like to watch the originals back as I'm sure one entire ending and one entire intro are completely different. Some of the "extras" are good, others taint the series a bit. "The One With The Football", one of my favourite episodes, has some very unneccessary additional material that doesn't make it funnier. But that said, the ending where Monica and Ross throw the "Gellar Cup" down the trash chute, Phoebe is at the other end and then Ross has run down there is quite a good ending.
- Picture Quality is unfortunately a bit grainy, it might not be helped by a high quality TV picture. This may be, as others have suggested, trying to squeeze 5-7 episodes on a DVD and other features. It depends exactly how long each episode is, hard to say with the extra extended bits, but anything more than three hours to a DVD is bound to have quality issues. I'd rather have paid a bit extra and got more DVDs, but can you tell if something at this price is just a bargain or that price for a reason? Paying more doesn't necessarily make it better.
The comedy itself is brilliant, although I'm always apprehensive when it comes to different versions of series/films I'm used to. The main leads are all good, Ross and his sister Monica, Chandler and his room mate Joey, Rachel who knows Ross and Rachel from high school and comes to live with Monica, and Phoebe their weird and wonderful friend who busks, massages and is generally 'different'. The secondary characters are good, although there are some worrying inconsistencies within the 'history' and indeed different people play the same part - although they don't really spoil the series as much as a change in the leads would have.
If you want cracking episodes some if not most of the Thanksgiving episodes are brilliant. "The One With The Football" where Ross and Monica can't play because their mom told them they couldn't, or the one with Brad Pitt, or the one with Christina Applegate as Rachel's unwelcome guest of a sister. There are some fairly ordinary episodes, but not that many and all very watchable nonetheless. My biggest worry on this was watching 10 series and around 240 episodes, not something you can do in a hurry.
If you don't buy this boxset, buy a Friends boxset.
The box set is as pictured and contains ten cases with six discs in each. The discs are all one sided and have between five and six episodes on each. After watching the series time and time again on E4 it is actually weird watching them on disc because there are so many extra scenes that were edited out of the TV versions. There is even an entire episode that appears after Ross gets married to Emily that, as far as I know, hasn't ever been shown on E4.
There are loads of extras throughout the box set. There is a commentary for one episode on each disc, but the bulk of the extras for the series feature on the last disc of each one. Some are a lot better than others. There are quizzes that are OK but a little clumsy to do and pretty easy for most fans. The gag reels are pretty good and some of the behind the scenes and cast interviews are worth a watch. There is also a book that accompanies the whole thing that has a summary of each episode and some pictures in it and is actually quite a nice addition to the set.
Overall I would totally recommend the box set to all fans - it's good value for money and worth it just to see all of the extra bits in each episode that the TV series missed out.
If you like/love Friends and don't already own the series, this is a great way to own it.
The only (minor) thing about this set is that each series case and discs have a colour, but the colour on the DVD menus does not match, and are identical to another DVD release: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Friends-Complete-Season-New-DVD/dp/B00004TIZG/ref=sr_1_4?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1455480421&sr=1-4&keywords=friends (So for example, the season three case and discs are purple, but the menu is turquoise, season 2 case and discs are yellow, the menu is red). If the colour mismatching does not bother you, then you will love this box set
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews