The Friendly Swede Keychain Emergency Fire Starter with Whistle (2-pack) - LIFETIME WARRANTY
|Sale:||£12.99 & FREE UK Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£1.00 (7%)|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- POCKET SIZE: This little fire starter is lightweight, compact and the perfect pocket size.
- KEYCHAIN: Firestarter can be carried in your pocket or you can attach it to your keychain instead. By doing so you will make sure you always have it next to one of your most important belongings (your keys).
- EXTRA ACCESSORIES: Attached to the cord you find a whistle. The whistle is great to bring with you if you want to call for attention to yourself or simply create music by the bonfire. Also included is a 12" cord which you can use to tie the Fire Starter to your bag or wear it around your neck as a lanyard. (always use caution when wearing around your neck, as the cord is strong).
- THE WHISTLE IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS: The whistle can be a great tool for making sounds when out in nature but remember that this whistle is not to be used as a substitute for saftey whistles.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: This product is covered by The Friendly Swede's Lifetime Warranty. Our customer service team is here for you and happy to help answer ANY questions you may have in <24hrs. To contact us, just copy-paste this link into your browser: amzn.to/2bFmCD0. If you want to take a look at our storefront, please copy-paste the following link: www.amazon.co.uk/shops/A2KAT5RHV45KSE
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
THE FRIENDLY SWEDE KEYCHAIN FIRE STARTER WITH WHISTLE (2 PACK)
2 x Keychain Fire Starter (1 orange + 1 black)
1 x Instructions
TO START A FIRE SIMPLY FOLLOW THESE STEPS BELOW:
1. Place your thumb in the small plastic circle. This will gice you extra stability when using the fire starter
2. The fire starter is covered in a protective black coating. Scrape this off using the striker.
3. Prepare your chosen tinder.
4. Hold the striker against the top of the flint rod at a 45° angle. Scrape the striker down the rod, with rapid even movements. Allow sparks to fall onto tinder.
5. Transfer tinder to fire when burning evenly. Slowly add larger kindling to avoid smothering the flame.
6. Enjoy the fire! Or be Swedish and make yourself a nice cup of hot coffee (Sweden is one of the top three coffee drinking nations in the world)
ATTENTION: Use outdoors in a controlled environment.
THE FRIENDLY SWEDE KEYCHAIN FIRE STARTER - LIGHTING A FIRE HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I ended up using the fire striker to light the fire on this occasion, after numerous attempts. Trying to start a fire outdoor will be even more challenging.
The whistle is good enough to attract the attention of another person close by. It's also annoying when your too close and it is constantly being shrilled in your ear.
In each box you get 2 kits, one black and one orange coloured, for £5.99. Each kit is 8cm (just over 3”) long by 2cm (8/10”) wide with a slot in each section for cord or key ring. The striker handle is longer than the rod handle, because the rod slides into it and is longer than the striker and the striker handle has a circular depression that serves as a thumb rest. These things seem obvious but every little helps for the visually impaired or in darkness.
The cord is 29” in length but is simple black and white nylon cord. It is not, and is not claimed to be, ‘paracord’ with multiple survival functions and the ends are fastened into the whistle, so there is no expectation of it being removed for other uses than as a lanyard for the firestarter and whistle.
TFS make a point of explaining that the whistle is not intended to be used as an emergency signalling device. It is shrill but not especially loud, so it would be OK for members of a not-too-widely-separated group to maintain contact e.g. checking where the kids have got to around the camp site, but it is not a replacement for a proper rescue-approved survival whistle for use on the hills, etc. I exchanged emails with the company and they are aware of the limitations but sourcing something better within the required bracket to offer 2 kits for the price isn’t as easy as we might think.Read more ›
I was a little bemused by it when they first arrived; I read the instructions through and tried to make sense of them, banging the two firestarters together, trying to scrap their plastic coating off... All to no avail. Apparently, it takes the intelligence of my 10-year-old nephew to solve the problem the next day - there is a very minor oversight in the instructions that doesn't tell you each firestarter comes apart! He spend a while looking at me like I'm a total idiot, I spend a while feeling like a total idiot, and we went outside to start our fire, agreeing to never speak of this again (until now!)
We both had a go at lighting fires, and this sparked (!) lots of conversation about how fires could be started, and how people used to start them before the invention of matches and the like. With the black outer coating off, we both found it relatively easy to master the skill of fire-lighting, and once we had it mastered, it wasn't a skill we lost again; our hit rates increased dramatically, and the skill was learned! We had fun with marshmallows, whistles and fire, and eventually packed up for the night.
I've been really impressed with this product; apart from the minor oversight for my fellow idiots in the instructions, they are easy to follow and the product is quick to master. There's been a lot of thought put into this, with cords and whistles added to the product to make it easy to transport and useful in other ways. Overall, I would highly recommend this, particularly as a gift. The best recommendation? The ten-year-old says they are "well cool." And anyone who knows a ten year old will tell you, recommendations don't come higher than that.
*** Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review, which I have provided here. ***
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought these as presents for Scouts, great to use and nice that they fit inside each other so no sharp bits in your pocketPublished 2 months ago by Ceri
Arrived in good time. Well packaged. Fire steels are, as advertised, small, but work perfectly. Very happy.Published 3 months ago by Furrydude
Great product. Very well made and thought out design. Service was great.Published 3 months ago by Mike W.
Very happy with my purchase..produces some nice sparkage so I'm sure it will come in very handy when I hit the road..also just seem like a nice company.. Read morePublished 4 months ago by adambrooks
Good item easy to use and will be on our camping trips just remember to bring dry tinder good seller very helpful A++++ five star not enoughPublished 4 months ago by lee
Great product, and great to give as a gift. Brilliant that you get two. Haven't had it long but it has been used a lot, but so far theres no sign of breaking or needing replaced. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Abi
Great set. My 10yr old cub scout delighted with his new piece of kit and was delighted to set a fire on the patio on Boxing Day!!Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Product is competitively priced, well made and you get 2 in the box!!
Have as a gift and my brother in law was very pleased.