- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
On Friday Something Funny Happened (Red Fox Picture Books) Paperback – 19 Aug 1993
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Perfect for first readers, On Friday Something Funny Happened is the chaotic tale of a week in the life of two children. Each day they did one thing: "On Sunday we went to the park", for example. But that one thing turns into chaos as the pictures that illustrate the sentence clearly illustrate. Bright and breezy, this book contains more pictures than words--an element that parents can easily exploit by encouraging youngsters to tell in their own words what they think is happening in each picture. The everyday scenes will be familiar to most children and this will soon become a favourite. (4 to 6 years) --Lucie Naylor
Amazon.co.uk Teacher Review
Children need to read at home every day to practise the reading skills that they have been taught. Here are some tips to help make On Friday Something Funny Happened part of your child's reading routine:
- choose a time when you and your child both want to read, sit somewhere comfortable and quiet.
- before you begin to read, get a "feel" for the book by looking at the cover, front and back and talking about it.
- let your child hold the book and turn the pages. Look at the pictures. Encourage your child to say what's happening in the pictures, in their own words.
- look for the little details--they help the child to understand what the book is about. Let your child "read" the book to you by talking about each picture.
- read the book again and again if you both enjoy it.
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category