on 28 February 2011
I came across this French for Kids Simple Words DVD clips on the internet and thought these would be good to share as my review.

The clip says it all - simple, fun and effective for kids!
on 3 January 2013
These are lovely, entertaining dvds for my 2 year old boys and they will probably pick up a few French words, which would be great. However, the English/French ratio is about 95:5. The creators of this dvd have missed so many opportunities to include some more basic French, particularly in the colours dvd, which is almost entirely English. The characters even include a colours game almost entirely in English. I cannot understand this at all. My 2 year olds and 6 year old also watch Arabic dvds, which do not include one word of English (English subtitles for me) and they absolutely love it and learn from it also. I believe children should be immersed in a language to learn it, and not just hear their own language with a few token French words thrown in.
In short, the dvd is fun and entertaining for toddlers, but will not have them speaking French any time soon. There is not one complete French sentence in the entire thing.
on 24 November 2014
I gave this 2 stars as my son quite likes it but to be honest there is so frustratingly little French in it that I don't think it is worth investing in as an educational tool. I would also agree with another reviewer that the music isn't great, particularly one song where a chord change is missed and it sounds really weird. I find the whole thing slow and a bit creepy but as I say my son asks to watch it so it must have some value as entertainment for a 3 year old. If, however, you want something very engaging and tout en francais then buy the Club Petit Pierrot CD. 36 fantastic songs, some original and all extremely well sung and imaginatively presented. Fantastic value!
on 28 January 2014
It's a little boring and slow. My kids do not need the English words repeated and they do not say all words in French, for instance when introducing the characters they just do the English words. Also, the woman's singing voice is awful!!!! I always have to turn it off at that point!
on 13 November 2013
Ideal for primary school children to help them with their first basic French lessons. I recommend it as a perfect aid.
on 23 November 2014
My daughter wanted to learn French - she has watched this twice, but has got bored now.
on 30 October 2016
Clear and easy to understand
on 18 June 2011
Only just got this item so time will tell.

Initial impressions are that;
Background music too loud and could be more 'french'
frame rate is a little too quick for the younger spectrum of toddler
Word and subject range is good

I am convinced that in time my child will learn from this so overall happy enough..but change that annoying background music.
on 20 February 2015